Corporate Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Corporate Reservation

For what it's worth, I'm not a business customer but I'm very much on your side.  I don't like the arbitrary doling out of priority that Rogers pulls.  I will see my phone around the 6 week mark from when I reserved......but you business people have it even worse, and that's not right.

Fact is, they are within their rights to hand out phones to whomever they want in whatever order.

We, however, are within our rights to complain, and otherwise express our dissatisfaction in whatever way we can, within the law of course.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, today was the day. UPS guy arrived to my home at 9:15am this morning.  Phone was in fine condition, comes with SIM and I activated it over the phone with Rogers.  Though the first person I spoke with just about gave me a heart attack when I asked her to transfer my 6gb BlackBerry data plan over to an iPhone plane.  She said that will not work.  I said, it better work as I confirmed that in 2009 when I got the plan, I called a year ago to ask again and re-confirm in anticipation of maybe getting an iPhone and I re-confirmed it again when I ordered my phone last month.  She said to me that she would like to be able to do it, but cannot.  I calmly replied with a; whether it's with a Manager or whatever, it is going to work.

So, after getting transferred to Customer Service, explaining my story it was no problem and I was up an running.  So I asked to get transferred back to business support group for some questions re: my account etc and when I spoke with another representative there, I touched on the issue with converting the Blackberry data plan over to iPhone and he responded with a; "of course you can, she told you that you couldn't?"

Anyways, after those 45 minutes on the phone, an anxiety attack caused by an agent who didn't know nuttin, and two agents who were awesome, I am closing the BlackBerry chapter (I will miss my keyboard), the iPhone waiting chapter and entering the iPhone world.

Thanks all for your support, for those of you still banging your heads against the wall I hope you get your phones soon.

Cheers,

Peter

64gb Black ordered September 19th, Status finally changed on Friday October 26th and then changed again to shipped later that same day.  Delivered Monday Morning October 29th.

I Plan to Stick Around

Happy sailing, PvT!

It looks like I will be in Activation limbo for some time. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@PvT

Enjoy the phone. I received mine at work this morning as well. Won't open it until I get home as I know I would get nothing done in the office.

And to those still waiting......hope you get your phone soon.

Merci, to everyone for their answers in here.

I'm Here A Lot

Hey all, Just wanted to update my status on all the phones i ordered! 

64 gig iphone black #1

Order Time 10/17/2012 10:05:14 AM

Reservation Spot #1335 out of 1512

64 gig iphone black #2

Reservation Spot #1336 out of 1512

32 gig iphone5 white #1

Order Time 10/17/2012 10:08:25 AM- received on october october 24th

32 gig iphone white #2

Order Time

10/24/2012 11:11:40 AM----received the phone on october 29th

I am praying that the 64 gigs will move swiftly! I really want to be able to use my own phone!!!! ugh! i am getting jealous of the two people i bought the 32 gigs for!!!! ugh

I've Been Here Awhile

@:  I ordered the 32GB black the day after you and looks like I'm a few slots behind you in the Corporate line as expected.

I'm definately just as frustrated as you are (and everyone else is).  What makes you think we will "surpass the 6 week mark"?  I believe this is week 5 for the both of us and based on the spreadsheet posted here and the progress to-date, I would guess we're up this week?  Still unacceptable, but just trying to estimate.

I Plan to Stick Around

@disappointed
can you explain how you got to the ombudsman? i would like to complain too, but only in the formal/proper way.

@phonestress

i am guessing disappointed thinks we'll surpass the 6week because:

1. of confirmation that the consumer line is prioritized

2. every weekend there has been shipments/movement, but this past weekend, only the 64 black was moved 

I've Been Here Awhile

@Amie3:  hmm, but wasn't there decent movement (and I use that term lightly as this process is still terrible) on 32GB black mid last week (as opposed to the weekend)?  I'm forecasting based on some decent movement at some point this week.

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay.. this is complete BS. I just got off the phone with the buisness department at Rogers and it turns out my phone had been shipped on the 20th when it changed to finalization that day, but I neither recieved an email with a tracking number or a change in status on the Rogers site. The rep (Who was nice and understanding) said that it should have arrived last week or today and if the UPS guy did come and I was not at home at the time, I should have at least recieved a sticky note on my door notifying me that he was at my home earlier. For all I know the useless people at Rogers could have sent my phone back to China.

So now all I'm left with is..

Almost 5 weeks of wait time, a status that says activation that changed back from finalization, and a promise to get a call back tomorrow notifying me what went wrong.

I swear to god if the phone is lost and they do not send me another one the following day someones going to pay. This phone has been completely ruined for me by Rogers.

I hate Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

@phonestress
perhaps! i plan to wait a little while longer before launching a complaint. personally, the lack of friday movement really throws off my original estimate...i thought if they ship 500 phones every friday, i would have mine by week 6... but who knows maybe rogers will pull through.

@matt_gold
i agree totally with your analysis

@js94
you should also escalate your complaints if you can that is rediculous 

quick link back to the spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtF8LaySrGEgdGg4dFdmX213T0Q1QjdOSDBBM2oycWc