Corporate Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Corporate Reservation

@Pinz

Good catch with the time. Yes, I simply copied the template from a previous post so must've forgot to change the time ordered. My order time was:

9/15/2012 12:45:46pm

Still at InProgress - PreFulfillment at 11:55pm so I'll take that $50. I'd rather be playing with my new phone over the long weekend though but it'll cover most of the cost of an Otterbox for it at least

At this rate I'll have an iPad Mini before the iPhone5. LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

@Polo555

Just tried to find the fine print regarding the $50 credit for the 14-day reservation guarantee but the busines site seems to be down at the moment

I'm positive Rogers would not consider the actual delivery as the deciding factor but rather it's own internal process from Pre-Fulfillment to In Progress. UPS doesn't ship on weekends and holidays so Rogers isn't going to be giving out money for phones that have left their warehouse and are with UPS. So long as the phone was packaged and ready to go, they're within the 14-day window. It sucks however it's also why every large corporation pays millions per year to the lawyers who write the policies

So from their own website, on the consumer side they shipped 5000 reservations this week (from 21,000 to 26,000 on rogers.com) and from the posts here, less than 500 on the corporate side with most being shipped yesterday and today. Definately feeling like a 2nd class citizen here

I Plan to Stick Around

@specter

So you think I will not get the credit because it is on (activation now)? the confirmation email I got from them when ordering the phone was the following : "If your device doesn’t ship within 14 days from launch or your reservation, whichever is later, we’ll apply a $50 credit* to your account as our thanks for your patience. The $50 credit will appear on one of your next two invoices following the activation of your reserved device on your account."

It clearly states if it doesnt ship...from that, I understand, leaving the warehouse on UPS hands..but from the process sequence I posted before....there is a big gap between Activation and Finalization\shipping..

Would you agree that they should provide the credit in this case?

Definitely, it seems that they do not care much about business costumers, since they have long term contracts with some business lines and its pretty hard-or long to move over other carries for big companies...It is just sad how they manage everything..frustation spread all over

I'm Here A Lot

@Pinz

Sorry, didn't change the date in the post I copied, just the time - I preordered on the 14th, not the 21st. That's why I started at #247.

Your post asking if you were the only one who ordered a 64GB was the reason I posted in the first place. Sorry for starting a riot with the 14/21 edit.

I had the 4 and the 4S before noon on launch day. This wait is killing me. It still says 'Activation' so I won't likely have it in hand until Wednesday since Monday is a holiday.

I Plan to Stick Around

Shipped could just mean they packaged and put a tracking number on it. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's been picked up or left the warehouse.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Polo555

It all depends on what Rogers considers to be "shipped". Going by the pure definition of the word I would personally think that would mean it's been picked up by UPS and a tracking number assigned. Couldn't find any fine print on the policy though although the "Subject to change without notice" part at the end basically leaves it open to redefine anything they want on a whim. Rogers isn't in the habit of giving away money and has a track record of sneaking through policy changes to increase their profit (the very quiet dropping of internet bandwidth maximum overage fees comes to mind)

The customer service reps will be left in the dark so they won't be able to confirm anything so it will be left with us to check our next couple of invoices and call in if the credit isn't there.

Cheerz

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a new theory. Maybe Rogers hands out phones between corporate and consumer by ratio. I.e. there is a 10 000 consumer line and a 3000 corporate line for the 16GB black. Apple ships Rogers exactly 1300 phones, so Rogers gives the consumer line 1000 and the corporate 300 "to be fair". It matches what has been happening - why we only move one or two hundred spots and they move thousands.  

Who knows if this is the case...just throwing out a nother theory.

Either way, this is still silly. It's hard to wait when you know other people who ordered same time as you has their phone just cuz they're consumer. There should just be one line. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine went into In Progress (Activation) yesterday at around 7:50pm.

i ordered in the 17th for a 16 gig white.

this smears I'm still getting my $50 credit because it didnt ship yesterday correct?

thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

@meowmix,

I know there seems to be some real figure pointing at Rogers as a whole, many will see the light that it is not solely rogers issue. That being said though there is a very real notification and information sharing issue with Rogers as we all can see. They need to be able to step up and admit fault or explain the situation, this was never done just us guessing and wasting time on the phone trying to put the puzzle together on our own. No emails as they said would come, seemingly random order fills, or at very least east coast order fills only, as per a snapshot of Pinz spreadsheet .... Plus to top it all off Rogers admited to me at least over the phone that the shipping process from apple got screwed up for the business side..How what ever that looks like on paper....  This just lends itself to very frustrated customers that are stuck in a contract with no option but to sit on their hands and wait.... I know for myself I'm maybe one of the few that is still on a 3Gs phone and would really appreciate being able to go at normal speed when working off the phone... It's not just another toy for me to have but a real business device, so this makes me very upset that we as a group are getting backburnered ... Add into that all these other issues with Foxcomm and sharp .... Well at least if we were treat equally it wouldn't be such an issue as Rogers would have done their due diligence in maintain fairness for all their customers but they didn't then tried to stuff the issue... But now are getting caught .... It will be interesting to see what happens next, what Rogers does as a company to maintain face and client satisfaction. As it seems ... People are not very happy at all....

peace

I Plan to Stick Around

Just went from 1178 back to 1427 .. Sigh =.=