Corporate Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Corporate Reservation

I don't think that today's Foxconn shut down is going to help anyone get their iPhone 5. More setbacks and less global supply.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Ampler

Apple is going to send less devices to Rogers. So this is NOT Rogers fault. Everyone blames Rogers yet never looks at Apple & their problems with their suppliers.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Subscriber since 1991. Ordered 3 iPhone 5s on the Sept. 19th, (2 black 16s, and 1 White 16). 

The blacks are currently 1454 and 1455 out of 3668. The white is 490 out of 1966.

interestingly when we first reserved the blacks were 1338 and 1339, and within a day they jumped to mid 1500s. Two weeks later we're still not back to where we started. 😞  guess we'll just have to put up with the 3GSs a little longer... No text re $50 credits yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Um… I am NOT blaming Rogers for the shortage (It sounds like you are implying that). No sure why you are saying everyone is blaming them. My comment points straight at the problems with Apple's supply chain.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Ampler

Did i say that i blame you? No i did not. I generally said people blame Rogers for this when its not Rogers fault. Please read my post again.

If you READ a few pages down, you will see Rogers got blamed for not getting enough phones last week MEANWHILE Apple was having issues with Sharp not supplying them with In-Cell displays & Foxconn Workers never worked & went on strike. You will see that post on another thread as well.

In General, people do not read news & such to know that Apple is having issues with their suppliers, SO they blame Rogers on not getting enough devices. Apple sends the amount THEY want to the carriers. This is why Rogers gets a little amount at times.

I Plan to Stick Around

No you didn't say that implicitly. I think we both agree that Apple's management of its supply chain an heavy quality control and production demands on mass producing one of the most technologically advanced devices ever has cause the strain. What this means for us is that we get our phones later. I can wait if it means that less riots occur in those manufacturing plants.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Me2You

Are you serious? You ordered the same phone as me a week later than mine and your reservation spot is #192? While mine is #315? I am still at Pre Fulfillment!

This is totally not fair, do they assign registration spots randomly? Have you been with Rogers longer than 6 years by any chance?
I Plan to Stick Around

@Me2you.

I ordered a 64 Gig Black on Sept 14th. Right now I'm sitting at #299 (down from #299 48 hours ago) out of 1297.

Not sure how you snuck in ahead of the rest of us, but hope you get yours soon.

I stopped by a Rogers Plus store today. I was told that they get in many more open stock" phones than they do phones to fill reservations. She was very open 9and blunt) with me. She said that people that reserved, were a "committed" customer so are generally willing to wait, where drop in customer are more likely to go to another carrier if they don't have stock. They had both 16 Gig and 32 gig phones on hand for casual shoppers.

I Plan to Stick Around

I Can confirm this is moving... ordered sept 14 - black 32gb ...

was 565 at the beginning, im now 450 and just changed to in progress(activation today at 4pm).

I should still get the $50 credit since it was not shipped as of today is that right? could anybody confirm pls?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey All, fyi...this is usually the sequence and timing once ur status changes to in progress(activation)..

In progress(Pre Fulfillment) to In progress 10/4/2012 5:40:50 PM    

In progress to In progress(Activation) 10/4/2012 5:30:20 PM    

In progress(Activation) to In progress(Finalization) 10/5/2012 10:40:64 AM    

In progress(Finalization) to  Shipped-Closed 10/5/2012 10:59:59 AM

Just so you know, I've been waiting for 3 weeks to know what the actual process is...now u know what to expect and wahts the next step...hope this helps... Cheers..

Y dale "U" tlv