Corporate Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Corporate Reservation

@Pinz

I'm hoping it can be done over the phone, does anyone else know? If not I guess its just the final step in this charade of a process

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@pinz: haha happier but overall unhappy experience with Rogers corporate as a whole on this iphone 5 debacle. My g/f  ordered from Fido (consumer) later than me for the same phone and was really far back in the line, but she got hers in less than a weeks time.

As for activating the SIM card through the telephone, I'm not sure the e-mail didn't say.

The e-mail wrote:

"If you have an existing Rogers' wireless device and are upgrading to the Iphone 5, a SIM card swap is required. Please email business.id@rci.rogers.com to activate your new SIM card. For this request please provide your name, account number, telephone number that the SIM card will be activiated on, and the SIM card number (The SIM card number is 20 digits long and will begin with 89 302). This emailed request will be completed within 1 business day.

Small business customers can now also update SIM cards via Business Self-Serve. Please visit rogers.com/business/signin in order to do so"

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

And am I really the only one who ordered a 64GB model?  My first 4th gen iPod was 20GB and that filled up fast, my 32GB iPod touch is full of just music and a few apps... if I want to be able to record video, take lots of photos and have more apps, I'll need something larger than 32GB... sigh... I miss the days of 160GB iPods... even if the iPhone had an extra microSDHC or nanoSDHC slot, it'd make it easier to carry a few around with different music/movies/games as needed, one thing I LOVED about Android.

If you haven't posted your info yet, please do it!!!  Yes, I am talking to you, the person reading this but not signed in!  You don't think you have a forum account?  If you can see your bills online then you do have an account!  Or just register for one if you don't and post your status.  I know I am not the only one with a 64GB phone order, apparently there are 1280 of you who like it black! 😄

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You know what I don't get is, and no offense to you folks that are getting a yours congrats for sure, but what is the order in people getting them... When looking at the number you post that you where at its like a total crap shoot as to the reasoning ... I mean I'm at 460 now from 527 out of 3600ish and I ordered mine on the 14th.... But my progress still is the same.... Makes no sence to me at all....  Maybe because they have to give me the 50 anyways they "oops" let me fall off the back of the truck ... I'd like to hear from any other albertians / edmontonions to see what thier status is... Like if you would be a higher number and get yours before I do sorta thing... Then you would know if that was the case... Pinz let's hope that spread sheet sheds some light !!!

@Pinz thanks for that info, what area of Canada are you btw.... Night have an affect on the deal for more 🙂

peace

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Region: Brampton

I was about 620 for a Black 32GB iphone 5.

Status just changed to activation. @ about 4:20 October 5,2012

I hope all you guys get your phones asap.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@bdsinclair I'm from Vancouver, BC - you can see that on the spreadsheet 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@specter are you sure you ordered on 3:26:22 PM, the exact same time as markman80? or did you just copy & paste his? to me it looks like you would've ordered sometime after 5 or 6?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Region: Vancouver, BC

Order placed: 9/21/2012 5:23:06 PM

Model: iPhone 5 32GB Black

Reservation spot: #1259 out of 2348

Order Status: In progress(Pre Fulfillment) 9/21/2012 5:23:07 PM

What is interesting in my case is that I was originally a much lower pre-order number, but figured I wouldn't get it on the first day and on Rogers' advice ended up cancelling my original pre-order before re-ordering.

Unaware at the time of the fact that 3rd party retail locations (ie. Futureshop) are unable to set-up corporate customers (or some types of corporate customers) from the store, I saw that my local Futureshop could guarantee me a phone on the first day. I spoke with 3 separate Rogers CSRs over the phone who told me that there would be no issues with this and that Futureshop could set me up with my phone on my corporate account, and said that I should cancel my pre-order with Rogers if I had a guarantee from Futureshop for day 1.  So I did.

Come day 1, I ended up wasting a few hours of my time on the phone in Futureshop as a 4th Rogers CSR screamed at me that Futureshop can't set up phones on corporate accounts, contradicting all of the previous Rogers CSRs who gave me incorrect information. (This was in-between telling me that I am trying to steal from Rogers, and that the iPhone 5 is a terrible phone, and that I was an idiot for buying it and should just upgrade to iOS 6 on my older iPhone since there is no difference). I got tired of talking to him, so I called back in to a different CSR and just placed a new reservation.

Long-story-short, I'm now about 1000 more spots in line (and what looks like at least an additional month) further away from getting a phone, wasted a few hours of my time, and had to deal with a rude child of a CSR.

The observations that Corporate reservations seem to be being filled at a much slower rate than consumer reservations (when taking into account the relative size of both customers bases) is a bit disheartening. If the current pace of filling reservations for the 32GB Black iPhone 5 keeps up, it seems as though it will be at least another 6 weeks until my spot in line comes up, though I can hope that the pace will accelerate. Meanwhile, if i were a consumer, I could have had my phone on Day 1, or at numerous times at Rogers locations, or about right now via the consumer reservation system.

Obviously Rogers has realized many corporate accounts like me are captive customers (my company only has a corporate plan with Rogers, and I need to be on that plan for various ), and that they can treat us as poorly as they want, since we are much less able than a regular customer to switch to another carrier. It makes sense from a short-term-profit-and-suscriber-maximizing perspective, but it's very disappointing and frustrating as a customer.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If I find a phone in store after the 14 days period, do I still get the $50?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@emmesee

No you will not. The $50 credit is ONLY if you get the device via the reservation system.