Corporate Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markman80
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Corporate Reservation

If it takes another 2 weeks after this, you think we’ll get another $50 off? (obviously not, but I can dream)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@markman80

No they wont UNLESS they offer it for that long wait. You can speak to retentions or a Manager & see what can happen after the 2 week wait & such. Maybe they are going to be able to give another small credit.
Pinz
I Plan to Stick Around

So I tried to switch to Telus, they were so much nicer and had a phone sitting there, waiting for me, with a better plan and everything... BUT Rogers wouldn't let me go without paying 3 years of early termination fees.  I renewed my contract on September 14th so that I could pre-order the iPhone, you'd think they'd have a 14 or 30 day refund policy to cancel the contract if you're not satisfied, but no, as soon as you renew your contract you're stuck.  If I only knew they were so horrible with getting me a phone, I never would've renewed.

Right now I'm trying to find someone who might want my plan, it's pretty good actually, but man is it so much hassle to do all this just to get a phone.  Less than 300 phones shipped in 2 weeks, #318 out of 1255.  Only a $50 credit (2 weeks) while Telus customers are getting a phone upgrade ($100-$200) for even a week late.

Does anyone know if I find a phone in the store will I still get the $50 rebate if it's been over 2 weeks?  I don't want to wait even longer not getting anything for it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@pinz

You will not get the $50 credit if you get a phone at the store. The $50 credit is ONLY for the online reservations. That is how they made it.
Ampler
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pinz wrote:

Does anyone know if I find a phone in the store will I still get the $50 rebate if it's been over 2 weeks?  I don't want to wait even longer not getting anything for it.

Logic says no, since the phones you can find in the stores have nothing to do with the reservation.

steve91
I Plan to Stick Around

I cancelled my order last week did not feel like waiting anymore, went into the apple store which they had just received a huge shipment of phones and picked one up from there.

Amie3
I Plan to Stick Around

@meowmix

I don't blame the reps! To be honest, I have always had good luck with Rogers on the phone. i actually think the people at stores are way worse than on the phone haha.

IMO, the MOST annoying part of  this situation waiting with no end in sight. Will it ship tomorrow, next week, next moth? I know this is no one's fault really; if i thought Rogers knew when phones were coming, I'd be annoyined with Rogers, but they don't know.

adrockin
I Plan to Stick Around

RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

16GB Black iPhone 5 is now in activation mode.

#138 of 3569 in the queue.

Loving that Rogers made me wait two weeks, is likely **bleep** me out of my $50, and will ship it so I don't even get it in time for the weekend.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Pinz
I Plan to Stick Around

You guys are right, the $50 credit is only if you get it through the reservation site.  I just talked to two reps over the phone and they told me the same thing.  The last lady was actually a bit rude and said that "we're not giving away the $50 credit, it's for those people who wait".  Well I've waited 2 weeks, but she said I need to wait longer, however long it will take for the phone to arrive, even if it takes another 2 weeks or 2 months, that's why there is a credit.

I just called another rep who was nicer but told me that if I really want the phone now to just go and look for one because they are doing something funny with the reservation lists (that's why apparently sometimes the numbers jump around as they shuffle people or something).  He made it sound like that after 2 weeks you are put on a "special" waiting list that is the lowest priority.  They want you to wait so long that you just give up and cancel the order so that Rogers doesn't need to send you that $50.  It's up to them, if they make you wait another 2 months, how many of you would cancel your reservation at some point, especially when they're available in stores like hot cakes at that point?  It sounds like a "good" business strategy, considering there are about 1000 phones (roughly) just on the business side that haven't shipped yet, so multiply that by all the types (16, 32, 64GB, white, black), that's 6000 x $50 = $300,000 just for business customers.  Now they'd rather ship out stock to customers who are still under the 14 day mark, so those of you who are still in Pre Fulfillment at the 2 week mark, don't expect your phone any time soon. 😞  At least according to this rep.  Smiley Frustrated

I hope he is just getting paid to say that and scare people off to cancel their reservations for Rogers to get the $50 back.

Ampler
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pinz wrote:

I just called another rep who was nicer but told me that if I really want the phone now to just go and look for one because they are doing something funny with the reservation lists (that's why apparently sometimes the numbers jump around as they shuffle people or something).  He made it sound like that after 2 weeks you are put on a "special" waiting list that is the lowest priority.  They want you to wait so long that you just give up and cancel the order so that Rogers doesn't need to send you that $50.  It's up to them, if they make you wait another 2 months, how many of you would cancel your reservation at some point, especially when they're available in stores like hot cakes at that point?  It sounds like a "good" business strategy, considering there are about 1000 phones (roughly) just on the business side that haven't shipped yet, so multiply that by all the types (16, 32, 64GB, white, black), that's 6000 x $50 = $300,000 just for business customers.  Now they'd rather ship out stock to customers who are still under the 14 day mark, so those of you who are still in Pre Fulfillment at the 2 week mark, don't expect your phone any time soon. 😞  At least according to this rep.  Smiley Frustrated

Now this makes total sense.  I would not be surprised at all if this was true.