Corby Plus Text Language/Accents Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Corby Plus Text Language/Accents Issue

Okay so I have had a Corby Plus for over a month and all has been fine. However now when I text each character is highlighted with a black block (consequently making the character coloured white) and if I try to type the same character twice instead of getting a second letter (ie: "ee") I get the original letter I typed but with an accent.

Often my texts are saturated with annoying accents. I have looked at the preferences and whatnot but have no idea how to change this. Could anyone help me out or point me in the right direction? Thank you. 🙂 🙂

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Corby Plus Text Language/Accents Issue

I had the same problem! A solution to fix it is to go to Menu - Settings - Reset Settings - click the Phone box and reset it

Hope it helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi SonicAtrocity and welcome to the forums,

From what I understand this issue started abruptly? It sounds like it could be an issue with the text input type selected. When typing a message you should have the option to change the input type, try changing these to see if it solves your issue.

For more details on some of the phone functionality I recommend taking a look at the userguide which can be found here:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200910/20091030102505453/GT-B3410_UM_IND_Eng_Rev.1.0_09...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had the same problem! A solution to fix it is to go to Menu - Settings - Reset Settings - click the Phone box and reset it

Hope it helps! 🙂

View solution in original post