Contract takeover

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Contract takeover

Hi, I recently got someone to take over my account. They told me they didn't need the iPhone I was using with it.

Are they legally obligated to take the phone or can I just resell the thing? I'm under the impression the contract takeover is for the 2 phone numbers and the service and not the phone? What do I do with the SIM card?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Contract takeover

Hello Sileniusmike

When doing a contract take over, if the other person does NOT want the phone, that is okay. You are allowed to keep the phone with you & sell it if you want. The other person will say if they want the phone or not. The take over is only for the contract meaning service & not the phone if the other person does not want the phone.

Well you can throw out the sim card & cut it up if you want. The other person taking over your contract will enable his or her own sim card which yours will disconnect.
I've Been Here Awhile

Alright sounds good. Just wondering, is the contract takeover reversable? Can they change their mind and revert changes back to my account? Or am I now totally free from Rogers?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Once its transferred under their name, they can change it to someone else BUT that person must say the okay for it to happen. So if this person wants to change it back to you, you must call Rogers your self & say you want it & such. They can not just do it without you not knowing.

You are free once the transfer of lines have been done. 🙂
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi everyone,

Ive had the same account for 10 yrs now but its been under my dad as I was still really young when I got it. There are is a savings credit on it.

i was wondering, if I take over responsibility for the account so the account is in my name rather than his, do the savings credits transfer as well?

the savings credits are not bundling related either (so not tied to any other service such as cable, tv or home phone)

thanks in advance for any replies in this matter. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ice05

Yes when transferring a line from your dads name to yours, everything will be transferred including any credits and discounts. When doing the transfer, ask the rep to renew the discounts and credits on the line. It will work!.

Updated Solution

You will need to reach out to us via our Social Media team through Facebook or Twitter in order to decipher if your promotional discounts will transfer at the same time the number transfers into your own name.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi MeowMix!

Thanks for the quick reply. does this renewal have to be done by retentions or should I be fine with just a regular CSR?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ice05

You can do it with a regular rep. Sometimes doing it with retentions if better as they may be able to give you a better discount on the line!

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks so much!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ice05

You are welcome! 🙂