Contract expiring

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Contract expiring

I'm pretty sure my contract is expiring soon or has expired as I received a pamphlet from rogers telling me that it's time for a phone upgrade with a site for me to visit to see their latest offers (which expire March 31st but I just received it today lol). 

What I want to know is can I put off renewing my contract until the Galaxy S4 is released so I can get it at the discounted price? Will my current plan just remain in effect until I renew? And I've currently got a 6gb data plan for $30 and I'd like to keep that for when I get the Galaxy S4 since they don't seem to offer the 6gb plan anymore. This won't be a problem will it? 

Thanks for the answers

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Contract expiring

Hello Canuck604

Once your contract expires it will go to a month to month basis. That means you are NOT on a contract & can upgrade anytime you like without paying any upgrade fees / flextab fee.

Yes you can wait until the S4 is released & do the upgrade. Your plan will stay the same without changing prices. Nothing will change. It will stay they same as it was on a contract.

View solution in original post

All Replies
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Canuck604

Once your contract expires it will go to a month to month basis. That means you are NOT on a contract & can upgrade anytime you like without paying any upgrade fees / flextab fee.

Yes you can wait until the S4 is released & do the upgrade. Your plan will stay the same without changing prices. Nothing will change. It will stay they same as it was on a contract.

View solution in original post

I've Been Here Awhile

switch to anyone other then rogers there customer service is the worst I have ever experienced I have been with them for over 6 years now and am paying out my contract just so I dont have to deal with them.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Contract Expiring

Hi there you all know me by now and many thank you to those who helped me out on these forums. I just have a question concerning when a contract is terminated. Is it necessary to upgrade to a new smart phone or can you carry on paying regular monthly payments with a phone you already have?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You most definately can just continue on paying 🙂

There usally may not be any SAVINGS per say.. if you were paying $70, it would still be 70....

BUT, you wouldnt have any contract, etc left.

You could then choose to leave, at any time (with the normal 30 day, and disconect fee).

You really only need to go on a new contract... IF You chose you wanted a new phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello diveman1980

You can still continue to use your phone / plan when you are off contract but its going to be month to month basis. Any discounts you have, may / most likely will come off as the discounts are added only when you are on a contact.

You don't need to upgrade to a new phone if your phone works fine or u can buy a device outright. The only time you will need to upgrade is if you wish to go on a contract again or upgrade via Rogers which automatically will start a new contract.

🙂