Contract expiring

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Contract expiring

How does the whole contract expiry/renewal work? My contract ends in literally a week, and I've been told that I should be contacted but I haven't heard anything yet. Am I supposed to call rogers myself, or would my plan automatically renew itself?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Contract expiring

Hello IPFreely

They will start calling you within the next couple of days. You can call in your self if you want to negotiate something better & renew your contract with Rogers.

Once the contract is done, it will go on a month2month. No contract is on there so you can cancel or sign up for another 2 years ( Cellphone ) if you like.
I've Been Here Awhile

And here i thought they forgot about me. I guess if I don't hear from them in the new couple of days, I'll give them a shout.

Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello IPFreely

They didn't forget about u! They just wait a few days before and on the day the contract is done so they can call u!

You are welcome!Smiley Happy
I've Been Here Awhile

What if the date has already passed? I just realized that my contract ended a few days ago, should I call rogers?

Do I even have any negotiating power on expired contract?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello PravS

Even if the contract is done, your account will stay the same.

Yes you do. Your have better negotiation power now then u did on contract
I've Been Here Awhile

Well that's good to hear. I'm just surpised that they haven't tried to call me about it yet. Thank you!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And just as a heads up so your not cought off gaurd.

All the new contracts, are 2 year contracts, not 3 anymore, which is good!  But.. to make up for the lost revinue.. they min plan level is now $60 for them.. so this may effect some who are on a lower plan, not wanting to switch it, and get a new phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello PravS

You are welcome!. Like Gdkitty said, There are 2 year contracts now with a minimum of $60 plan required sadly.