Constant PVR Recording Issues since upgrading IPG - Cisco 8642HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Constant PVR Recording Issues since upgrading IPG - Cisco 8642HD

This is not 100% correct. While some people do experience it, I am able to use the scheduled recording 100% fine. Set schedule, record one, watch and delete, does record the next one. (Mind you it does have the bug where you don't see the next one in the guide set, but it is in the scheduled section, and does record). So it doesn't effect all

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best and.......the best happened!!

All of my series have recorded as scheduled even though some of them don't show up "by Date" until the day before the show is due to record.  So far, I haven't missed anything that's been scheduled.

As for the latest question regarding watching while the show is still recording, I do this all the time and haven't encountered any issues.  The show keeps recording and the series stays intact for the next episode.

I never use the "New episodes only" option as I don't trust the guide to show "New" all the time.  As well, I don't always record the shows the first time they air so my default is "All episodes" just to be on the safe side.

Although I still have a few issues with the new guide and box (too slow to respond, no sleep timer, search function works haphazardly), I'm getting used to the new recording features and gain confidence with the functionality with each show that records as scheduled!  

Good luck to everyone else working their way through the bugs!!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah - to my earlier question and some of the follow ups, I don't have an issue with the series recording next episodes, etc.  My question was solely around the joining into a recording in the middle and losing the ability to start at the beginning....seems like a unique issue perhaps...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

oh yeah my pvr has been recording since saturday all by itself and the show it is recording is from dec 31 1969 dont think we even had vcrs back then try and erase shows and get message unable to erase cause some ghost is watching it 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tazzrox:

That happens once in a while and has been reported on various forums.  Stop the recording if it's still going.  Delete the recording and do a reboot (and/or vice versa).  It should then be gone.