Connection Issues in Certain Places (namely Eaton Centre in Toronto)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Connection Issues in Certain Places (namely Eaton Centre in Toronto)

Has anyone else experienced this?  Especially when they're near the Apple store?  I know that the Apple store itself doesn't get LTE because of how the store's built, but I find that not only does it drop down to 3G, but it flat out doesn't work - feeds don't load on Facebook and Twitter and it's next to impossible to upload images on Instagram.  Things seem to be fine closer to the Dundas side of the mall and once you get INTO the Bay.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Connection Issues in Certain Places (namely Eaton Centre in Toronto)

My signal ONLY drops when i go downstairs to the food court. Other then that i never have a problem with the signal at Eatons Center. I got LTE outside the Eatons Center this morning when i went.

Also remember, Buildings have this issue where the signal may not go threw the walls.
I Plan to Stick Around

Sad to say Rogers' 3G and LTE service is very poor at the Eaton Centre.

I wish this could be fixed as I work in one of the towers here sitting right by the window. My colleague's Bell and Telus phones work perfectly with full data speed (3G, 4G, and LTE)

Been like this for years... again, wish it could be addressed.

VR

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 325i

The problem is that you guys do not understand WHY the signal is like that. The mall has MANY signal towers for the business users & the elevators do not help. Everything with a signal in a mall will overlap the wireless signal. Also the concrete does not let signal get it threw it.

The problem is that they can NOT place signal towers or such like that UNLESS the Tower owners lets them. This is something that should be addressed to the tower owners & not by Rogers. Rogers has asked them before many times to add them on the roof but the owners decline.

I was at the mall this morning & notice a drop as aswell but nothing major that would make me upset.