Connecting an Iphone4 to my android tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Connecting an Iphone4 to my android tablet

I just bought a toshiba tablet which came with Android on it. How do I connect my I phone to it?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Connecting an Iphone4 to my android tablet

If you are talking about tethering your iphone to your tablet to get internet on your tablet, it can be challenging.

Official way:  Call Rogers and make sure you have an iphone plan with tethering activated.  Sometimes even if your plan is supposed to come with it, your need to call Rogers and tell them to get their head out of their butt and activate it for you.  iOS5 allows tethering using 'personal hotspot' on your iphone with bluetooth, wifi or usb connection.  This works pretty well with other apple devices, no promises with non-apple tablet.  Best chance is probably using the wifi.

If you have trouble with some of that, or can't seem to communicate properly with the semi-literate summer job hires at the Rogers CSR then do the unoffical way:  Jailbreak your phone, install Cydia and use a program called 'MyWi'.  It should allow you to become a hotspot for any device.  And the best part is you get to avoid contact with Rogers customer diservice.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can you be more specific? How do you want to connect them? To sync info, access data and/or wifi, other?

I Plan to Stick Around

If you are talking about tethering your iphone to your tablet to get internet on your tablet, it can be challenging.

Official way:  Call Rogers and make sure you have an iphone plan with tethering activated.  Sometimes even if your plan is supposed to come with it, your need to call Rogers and tell them to get their head out of their butt and activate it for you.  iOS5 allows tethering using 'personal hotspot' on your iphone with bluetooth, wifi or usb connection.  This works pretty well with other apple devices, no promises with non-apple tablet.  Best chance is probably using the wifi.

If you have trouble with some of that, or can't seem to communicate properly with the semi-literate summer job hires at the Rogers CSR then do the unoffical way:  Jailbreak your phone, install Cydia and use a program called 'MyWi'.  It should allow you to become a hotspot for any device.  And the best part is you get to avoid contact with Rogers customer diservice.

View solution in original post