Connect PVR to my TV at the cottage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Connect PVR to my TV at the cottage

If I rent a PVR could I disconnect it and bring it to my cottage to watch it?  Right now I record shows on my spare TV with a VCR but when I get the digital adapter I won't be able to record multiple shows anymore.   

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Connect PVR to my TV at the cottage

you can record multiple shows, just not at the same time, and as for the pvr, try asking rogers social media team, maybe they can be of assistance to you

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I disconnected my PVR and took it to a friend's place last week as something on his Rogers PVR did't record and it did on mine and of course it wouldn't work.  I didn't expect to be able to watch TV with it (even though my friend has the same Rogers service as I do that didn't matter to us) but thought that I could use the PVR functionality and watch a recorded show.  It did not work at all.  The menu loaded up but the recording listings were empty.  I called up Rogers and was told that the only way to access the recordings was to cancel the box from my account, add it to my friends and then cancel it from his account and add it to mine.  I was terrified of what might happen on my account as a result so I just left it and didn't open that pandora's box.  While its not the end of the world it does seem restrictive that it won't allow you to access recordings at a different address.  I'm not at all surprised though, this is Rogers we are talking about.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes angelus_025, that would be my understanding too. The box is activated on a specific account. To move the box to a cottage likely means a different account and the only way to activate it on another account would be to deactivate it on the original account. I doubt it is worth the hassle.

The point made by the OP about not being able to record multiple shows on the digital adapter is one of the features that will be lost with a DTA. Some people just don't get the fact that there many people who have enjoyed recording more than one show at the same time (on the same device) and are no longer able to do this with the DTA! I know Rogers could give two hoots about this, and some posters do not think it should be a big deal, but for some customers, it is in fact a big deal!

There are also rumours (and I stress rumours) that in another year, even though the DTA is currently being provided free of charge, that Rogers will begin charging a rental fee for the DTA. If you think this is just blowing smoke, keep in mind that about 7-8 years ago Rogers provided Internet modems free of charge. The current rental fee ranges from $4-$7 per month!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks angelus_025 you answered my question perfectly.  Like you said, I’m not surprised this doesn’t work!  

IHR, thanks for your response too – you seem to understand my frustration and yes, I believeRogerswill eventually start charging a rental fee for the DTA.