Confirmation of Lumia 920 Update and possible new colours

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Confirmation of Lumia 920 Update and possible new colours

Not sure if this has already been posted anywhere and you can file this one under rumours. In case anyone is intrested, Navifirm is showing the following. For the Rogers update release, depends on if the Rogers firmware has completed testing as to when we'll see it but it's there.

Also of interesting note is the additional colour models listed which could mean they MAY POSSIBILY be coming to Rogers in the near future.

Firmware 1232.5951.1249.1

RM-820 VAR AMERICA CA ROGERS SL YELLOW (059R2L8)

RM-820 VAR AMERICA CA ROGERS SL BLACK (059Q6W4)

RM-820 VAR AMERICA CA ROGERS SL RED (059R3R8)

RM-820 VAR AMERICA CA ROGERS SL WHIT (059R6P3)

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Confirmation of Lumia 920 Update and possible new colours

By the time those colors get released, people are most likely moved on and bought the device with another color from the states or Europe. Also most likely they would have bought the black one.

I really hope Rogers gets those colors tho. Its intersting how Rogers and Nokia close their mouth and not say anything at all.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, Rogers Yellow 059R2L8 has been out for over a month and yet not any announcements or anything.

I've been waiting desperately since launch for another color than black and nobody's willing to give a timeframe about when it will be available.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello frosted

No one can give you a time frame because Rogers head office has not said anything to anyone yet. Rogers NEVER went live saying the Lumia 920 is going to be in yellow. Only a leaked picture was taken showing it but not from a Rogers computer.

In the end, no one can give you a timeframe as no one has this info.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, where I don't qualify for any breaks on the fee's (with the clamped down presidents offer seeming like its limited to the last 6 months of a contract and i'm at 12)...sounds like I can wait for the red (the one I really wanted)if I don't get fed up by the 31st looking at Wind's 40 dollar wish plan and hunting down an offcontract 810. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I think what we really should be looking for is Nokia to release the 3D printing resources for the 920 (as they have for the 820) so we can do what ever we want with colour and design.