Configuring to use another VM service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Configuring to use another VM service

I want to start using Google Voice as my voice mail service. I have more than enough US long distance minutes to cover my monthly voice mail deposits and calls. Can someone explain what is required? I assume I will need to forward missed calls to my GV number, but what else needs to be done? Is there a way to configure my iPhone to dial my GV number to listen to VM the same say it currently does by hitting the Voice Mail button in the phone.app?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Configuring to use another VM service

yes.. call forward minutes are seperate minutes than your plan and long distance minutes ftw

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

To configure a different voicemail number for the device to call and check the messages you would dial the following code:

*5005 * 86*+1(10 digit phone number)#       !!! With the 10 digit phone number the number you call to check your GV Voicemail

100% sure that it wouldn't work with Visual Voicemail but don't see why it wouldnt work with a simple dial in check assuming GV has the ability to check Voicemail from a different phone number.

Thanks. I think that is what would let me check my messages through the iOS phone.app, but I am more interested in finding how to forward all missed calls to GV. Any ideas?

Actually, re-reading my question, you answered exactly what I was originally looking for. Thanks WiseD

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the number wised posted is an iphone string,

however if you are like 99% of the members on here without an iphone you need to know the proper GSM forwarding codes. which he didnt post

I've Been Around

Hi,

Is there a way to disable Visual Voice mail on Iphone 4? or need to change the visual voice mail on the plan to enhanced voice mail instead?

thanks