cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Poll: Does your account have a PIN & Does Rogers ask for it?

JALO
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers authentication methods - they still suck (in my opinion)

Customer Service reps still don't properly authenticate(over 7 interactions, some dating over a year old. I do not regularly call... numerous interactions are well over a year old but documented all the same)

When accounts become "Consolidated" it appears as though it isn't common practice to look and migrate a security PIN to the now-parent Consolidated account.

Consolidated account: One account that has sub-accounts. Sort of like a computer directory. Inside your Root folder you have sub-folders.

Rogers: I reckon you should have a class-action lawsuit filed against you. I raised this point well over a year ago - and if I raised it I'm sure others have too.

At first, i thought "I'll submit feedback and offer service as a customer on "How can we improve our Anti-Fraud methods".

This resulted in an apology from a rep who called back - but no "we'll improve and this is how" actions were taken. I asked for absolutly nothing in return EXCEPT to make suggestions to improve their call-quality standards.

This has resulted in squat. Their agents can be polite - but still don't know how to look at their screens and take things of importance in.

Clearly.

Does anyone want to perform our own "Quality check" service?

How about we group up - call Rogers on our own personal accounts - and check their call-practicing procedures. En-Masse!

***Edited Labels.***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Community Poll: Does your account have a PIN & Does Rogers ask for it?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JALO

All my accounts have a PIN on them after a fraud happened. Ever since then i never had a issue with reps going into my account. Rogers reps and any carrier rep is supposed to ask for your PIN when accessing your account if it has a PIN.  If you forgot your PIN,  there is a security quesiton.  If that fails u need to go to the store and show ID to get into the account.

Also i am not the scared or anything as reps are watched on what they do on accounts. They have a limit on the window and if u hang up, the computer will automatically log off that customers account without a log it

Honestly every carrier has this not just Rogers. I used to work for their call center ( CoOp) and have family that works there as well. It all depends tho on the reps. Also a lawsuit won't do anything Sadly. Its going to be a waste of everyone's money on this is. It will result in a throw out or the carrier and the person dealing with it outside of court.

What I suggest, everyone should have a PIN on their account. ,

JALO
I Plan to Stick Around

Everyone should have a PIN on their account.

We are in agreement.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JALO

Yes i do suggest and recommend everyone having a PIN on the account as its the safest thing. Rogers always asks the customers for the PIN to Grand access to their accounts.

JALO
I Plan to Stick Around

A lawsuit isn't a solution. Informed customers is.

I have a PIN on my account.

I turn my account into consolidated - and the wireless account continues to have a PIN - but parent level wasn't set up with PIN.

If you call on parent level and then switch to a device inside the PIN-protected account... seems to be overlooked to "re-authenticate".

Informed customers would put a PIN on their account when they convert from a single account to a consolidated account.

But if your account has a PIN on it, and you call to add other services - why would you think your account doesn't have a PIN on it when you end the call after the consolidation is complete?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JALO

While i agree, each account can have a different PIN if the customer wishes or no PIN at all. The same policy is with all the carriers tho.

I do agree with you tho on this. Sadly its something you might need to contact the CRTC about to see if they can enforce the rule

JALO
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers does not always ask.

"Rogers" isn't answering the phone.

A "representative of Rogers" is.

Some of these representatives work for Corporate Rogers. Some work for 3rd party call centers. Horrible call-handling techniques are not singled out in either Corporate or 3rd party.

Not all representatives have the knowledge (if new), or desire to be thorough (if lazy), or work ethic (if sloppy and careless), or maybe they're just stressed.

I would think the majority of the time you are going to be authenticated and treated properly. This is not always the case.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JALO

Hmm at this point all i can suggest is record the phone call and contact the CRTC and the Office of the President. Show them the recording and explain it.

With all my accounts and family accounts and everyone i know, they ask for a PIN if they have one. Some get asked about their birthday and postal code .

JALO
I Plan to Stick Around

Meow - I appreciate your suggestions.

I make these same suggestions.

But alas I was not looking for suggestions. I have resolved this issue. I appreciate your concern for me, shows you want to share with others. I am not "uninformed" though.

I'd like to know more about your experience at a Rogers call center. I worked at their York Mills location for 3 years.

I was looking to raise a community point, and have people report their experience with Rogers and call center agents asking for security details.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JALO

That i can sure via PM not on the forums. Pretty much all i can say i had more bad reps then good ones. Recorded over 50+ phone calls.

There is already a thread created by me on the IdeaBox. Its been already talked about and seems Rogers is taking action. I hope this gets resolved tho.  Security should be#1 and if a customer doesn't feel like its good enough,  ask for a PIN.  That's all you can do.  

I haven't heard anything like this reported by other.  

Never heard of having a PIN for anything on Rogers. I just have the usual user ID and password.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jimboden

Talking about over the phone / live chat and store reps. You can have a PIN for those.

Meowmix:

Thanks. I've never heard of it before, though. Whenever I use those services, I just get asked the usual questions, like birth date, etc.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Jimboden

You can always ask for it to be put into your account if you want it. Some reps ask you if u want it but some others don't
Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation