Comcast DTA50 Box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Comcast DTA50 Box

Anyone know if the Comcast DTA50 box works with rogers cable?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Comcast DTA50 Box

Rogers DOES use the DTA50s... so i hardware wise, its probably OK.

Trick would be, you would need them to ADD that serial number to the system, so it can be added to an account.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers generally does not activate equipment they haven't provided on their system.

Given that Rogers is giving away DTA50's for free, why bother with the hassle?

I've Been Here Awhile

I used to have rogers cable... now I don't. but I thought the comcast box would work regardless? Is that a fair assumption or would the comcast box be blocked or wired specifically for comcast customers (and the rogers box specifically for rogers)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you dont have rogers cable... how would you use the box?

Pretty much, for a box to be used and to be working, it needs to be AUTHORIZED on an account. If rogers trys to send a signal to that box, and it gets an answer back, and its not authorized, it will not decode the signal and send it.

(again.. it MAY be possible to have the SN of that box added, and then authorized, etc)

I'm a Senior Advisor

When you first connect the Rogers DTA50, a phone number comes up on the screen that you have to call to authorize it. Rogers has their customers' phone numbers. I can't see how you could get any device authorized if you're not a current Rogers customer.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah comsat box prolly wont work on rogers, their head end uses different channel frequencies, etc.