Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
park
I'm an Advisor

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

@smstep wrote:
Who decided to say this was solved? We just got the Navigatr and same problem - shows taped on PVR do NOT show the cc...regardless of how the settings are set. The "info" button suggestion - thank you - was helpful for live TV but we use PVR to avoid live TV (and skip commercials). Now, the cc that used to show on these scheduled shows are not..or blink random letters like a strobe light! I am adding my comment in hopes the problem stays open until really resolved.

Agre not solved.  NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED AS SOMETHING TO BE FIXED.

The 2 CC problems (all the key hits, what I call the cc happy dance, and cc messed up on some channels eg CTV) have existed since the aborted rollout inJuly.

park
I'm an Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

While i never used it.. i couldnt 100% confirm..

I am not sure that shomi or RoD necessarily had it before?

I could be wront.

@Gdkitty wrote:

I could be wront.

REALLY ?? Are you absolutely sure about that or just adding to your impressive post count ?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@park wrote:

Agre not solved.  NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED AS SOMETHING TO BE FIXED.

The 2 CC problems (all the key hits, what I call the cc happy dance, and cc messed up on some channels eg CTV) have existed since the aborted rollout inJuly.

There is nothing marked as solved in this thread.. no one ever has said that it was that i have seen?
(people who thought that there is no CC, have been shown the.. well.. difficult way to get it working, but thats about it)

Rogers has stated in this thread, even a page or two ago, that they are passing these problems/information on.  There is at least that much confirmation.. but beyond that.. its up to the developers (which are apparently not even in house as far as i am aware now 😞 )

@park wrote:
@Gdkitty wrote:

I could be wront.

REALLY ?? Are you absolutely sure about that or just adding to your impressive post count ?

Thats why i said, i could be wrong 😛  Unfortunately my CC experiences are few and far between.
I have checked on Shomi via the web, and some CC is available, but not on ALL content.
There is no CC content that i am aware of on the RoD web version that i have ever found 😞

I dont access them on the roger box that often (do most of my shomi/rod while at work on PC).. 
I made a (possibly wrong) assumption that since the content THERE doesnt have it, that the content all together may not have it... but again that assumption could be wrong.

Just from prior ROD/Shomi.. with the old guide.. i know much of the button when hitting INFO were not available (where the CC was).

(and post #'s have nothing to do with it, etc 😛  My post numbers on here.. is because i have been helping people on here usually find solutions (mostly in the internet side) for going on over 5 years now.)

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@park wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

I could be wront.

@Gdkitty wrote:

I could be wront.

I just checked on my SA8300HD and CC works in RoD when I turn it on. So it worked before. If it doesn't work now with Navigatr, the programmers screwed up, or it's too well hidden. Keep experimenting.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
smstep
I've Been Here Awhile

Since July?! Man, this has "break contract. Call Bell" all over it!
smiff
I've Been Here Awhile

It's just hidden. On some pages, it available after you click "More". On others, it's below "Video Toggle" (just out of sight unless you scroll down).

striker71
I Plan to Stick Around

This used to work before the upgrade. Now when I press info all that is displayed is the information about what I am watching and the recording options. Also when I'm watching a recorded show and press info, the recording stops and the display shows what I am watching, with options to manage the recprding. What gives.........??

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To access the CC on that new info screen.. you go to the MORE on the right side.. then its burried WAY down further at the bottom of the choices
(this is the big complaint right now)

I am not sure WHY it pauses the recoring when hitting info with the new guide tho.

striker71
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the quick reply. It's certainly a bit of a pain when you are watching a recorded program and want to turn on the CC, having to switch out to a live program, turn on the CC and then restart the recorded show. Who designs these things......?? 

I have another question, when I press the guide button, all I can see are my favourite channels, and can't access the full guide. Am I missing something again.....??

Thanks in adance.....!! 

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I ran into a problem like this.   When I had the guide up and accidently hit the Guide button a second time.  My Favorites showed up but pushing the Guide button again did nothing.  The way I got back to the full guide was to press exit.  Then when I pressed guide the full guide poped up. 

Another way was when stuck in Favorites was to select a channel that was not in my favorites list.  ie.  pressing channel 2 brought me back to the full guide.