City-TV Channel 7 Not Showing Up?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

City-TV Channel 7 Not Showing Up?

For the last week or so we haven't been able to get Channel 7 City-TV on our digital box. It shows up via the PVR on the other TV in the house but not on the DB. Anyone else having this problem? I notice even on the PVR the picture seems to break up.

***Edited Labels**

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: City-TV Channel 7 Not Showing Up?

Hi @Cap07

It could be the box, but the fact that you are getting pixelation on your other box as well could indicate a signal issue.

Any other ideas @Gdkitty @OLDYELLR @ShakTiburon?

Feel free to chime in CommunitySmiley Happy

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

This may be related, but when I recorded the political debate on City TV last night and then wanted to watch it about 15 minutes in, I got a strange error screen I'd never seen before. I then watched it live for a while and it would stutter and freeze now and again. The debate itself was too painful to watch, so I stopped and erased the recording. I experienced a  similar problem with CHCH Channel 11 some months ago, as well as a west coast timeshift channel. I'm guessing a signal issue. I'd call it in, in case it persists. More likely it's temporary, like mine was, and I still get "important messages" on the ticket because nobody investigated it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My only guess would be signal.
Could be interference just in the range of channels that city belongs in.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

As far as the digital box is concerned, City TV seems to be the only channel affected.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Cap07
Yes but digital box doen't focus on each channel individually. the reason we would say signal, is because after the analogue to digital conversation. All broadcasters are providing digital channels and if there is an issue with either their side or rogers side. the break down of signal will cause 1 or 2 channels to come crashing while sustaining constant flow of signal strength.
In networking, this is considered "packet loss" since this is digital cable feed, I guess we can call this packet loss as well.

You might have a cable issue or something greater. I would recommend calling in as @OLDYELLR stated and as @Gdkitty states, it probably is multiple channels, you probably don't watch other channels being effect so you don't notice them. Issue like this happen in batches of channels (don't actually have to be in the same line up).

but if you want me to humor you, what box do you have? SD or HD? is it a digital adaptor?