City News HD Channel (566 in Toronto) Abruptly Closed - How About CP24 HD Instead?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

City News HD Channel (566 in Toronto) Abruptly Closed - How About CP24 HD Instead?

As the header states.  Rogers have abruptly pulled the plug on channel 566 City News HD.  I never liked it anyway as for some reason they couldn't get the running news headlines on the left side to fit - often they were too long for the space provided and there was no scrolling.

So are we getting CityPulse HD instead I wonder?  Channel 24 is now in the wide screen 'look' and I believe Bell carries it in HD.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Edit: Someone moved this out of the TV section to General Care and Support... not quite sure why.

***edited labels***

Peter
Toronto
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersNicolas
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: City News HD Channel (566 in Toronto) Abruptly Closed - How About CP24 HD Instead?

We recognize customers are disappointed that CityNews Channel will no longer be available. However, you can still enjoy CityNews newscasts on City. We also offer a robust lineup of news programming like CBC News Network, CTV News Channel, and CP24 for basic cable subscribers.

We intend to replace this with another channel. We will share more information as it becomes available. 

Nicolas

View solution in original post

All Replies
pmcsplaza

Re: City News HD Channel (566 in Toronto) Abruptly Closed - How About CP24 HD Instead?

You might as well close this as I doubt it's going to get an answer after you moved it out of the TV section.  Unless a Moderator knows the answer of course.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
RogersNicolas
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

We recognize customers are disappointed that CityNews Channel will no longer be available. However, you can still enjoy CityNews newscasts on City. We also offer a robust lineup of news programming like CBC News Network, CTV News Channel, and CP24 for basic cable subscribers.

We intend to replace this with another channel. We will share more information as it becomes available. 

Nicolas

View solution in original post

pmcsplaza

OK, thank you.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
pmcsplaza

I see it has now disappeared completely.   So there is a spare channel available now, wonder what we shall see there?

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
wmckiernon
I've Been Around

I do not seem to be able to get CP24 in Wasaga Beach. Does anyone know what channel it might be covered on in the Collingwood / Wasaga area?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At least according to the channel availability thing found here. (bottom right corner)

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PTV_PROG_LANDING

Does not appear that CityPulse is not available at all.

Not every channel is always available in each city/zone.. often the move from city to another can sometimes remove one channel and add another.

(guessing since its not close to toronto?)

pmcsplaza

Look at the Channel Line-Ups box at the lower right corner here for your area:  Rogers

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto