Cisco dpc3825 Bridged connection and Xbox Live

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Cisco dpc3825 Bridged connection and Xbox Live

So, I have my CISCO DPC3825 router set to bridged mode connected to a D-Link router at the other end of the house. I have a PC in my room connected to the modem that is connected to the internet, no problem. However, when I plug my xbox into the modem and try to go on Xbox live it has an issue getting an IP. I've tried manually putting in an IP, but to no avail. It is strange that the PC is connected and fine, but the xbox is not? The IP address also is changing when I reset the router to default settings then return it to bridged. It goes between a 192 number to a 174...

Anybody have any success with this?

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Cisco dpc3825 Bridged connection and Xbox Live

EDIT: My modem is in bridged MODE

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you reset it, its likely re- issuing a new IP address from rogers.. so i wouldnt worry about that.

As for the other issue... while its my understanding that the wired ports are suposed to work still, while its in bridged mode.. it may still be having an issue for some reason.

Have you tried the xbox into the one you have working on the PC right now? just to see if it works there.. possibly just that the other port is not working?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I just switched from a Rogers SMC D3GN to a CISCO DPC3825 (latest model with DOCSIS 3.0 and 8-channel download etc) and I don't see a feature to turn this device into bridge mode.

I also didn't think this router had that capability.    Where did you find it?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It is in there, I remember seeing it when I used to have that one.

Nothing in there saying 'disable commercial gateway functions' or similar.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I just found it.  It is well hidden in the administration and gateway setup menu working mode.   

It wasn't a problem for me right now as I still use it as a router but with wireless off just as did with my old SMC before it.    Still use my own router as an access point for wireless duties and the combo works well together.