Cisco PVR & TV Call Display

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cisco PVR & TV Call Display

@parker1313 put a splitter on your cable and connect one directly to your TV. When someone is in the lobby you can change your input to the direct cable and go to the lobby channel...
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Once the new IPG.. (which still hasnt come out yet) for the newer cisco PVRs is out, the new IPG does have a reboot from within the settings itself.

(have the new IPG on my reg HD box, and its there).

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@parker1313

as per my post in the Whole Home PVR thread...

998 is just a remap of analog 59, they just move it's channel number. allowing a digital station to be put where analog 59 is on the digital station line up.

The new hardware does NOT include an analog tuner.

The only way for lobby cams to work with new hardware from rogers is if you building upgrades to a QAM digital service. Ask your landlords if they plan to upgrade the system to function with the new digital QAM only equipment from rogers. 

Tell them they need to install a device such as a Nano-sized Digital Video Insertion System - RF Out (DVISn)

http://www.atxnetworks.com/pdf/ANW0825_MDU_DVISn_RF_Specs.pdf?phpMyAdmin=ZOAtC9Suf56HkZODVHdm3Sq28Z2

"The Nano (DVISn) is the most cost-effective solution within the DVIS line of products for inserting locally generated content (e.g. security camera, localized advertising) to an MDU in digital format (MPEG-2 / QAM). It is ideal for applications requiring a low-cost, basic solution for insertion into a blank QAM or at the spectrum edge. This extremely compact & wall mountable form factor fits into virtually any space and includes fully integrated audio/video encoders, multiplexer & QAM modulator/RF upconverter"

This is just one of many compatible devices. If they contact there local rogers liason I'm sure they can get a rogers recommended QAM modulator installed and configured correctly for the lobby cam. If you are in a MDU that has a housing committee bring this up in the next meeting.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Any ETA on Call Display Firmware Update for Cisco ?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have had my new Cisco PVR & HD Set top boxes for over a year now and there is still no sign of TV Call Display working on either of them.

"Coming Soon" has been Rogers Customer Services only response. "Soon" is a relative term that got old over a year ago! If you are not going to deliver, don't promise it!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I do agree that Rogers does make promises & yet never shows anything at all. The Call Display is not really need to a lot of people but i wonder why its taking so long for Rogers to even built it & update the boxes with it.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Blizzard already has SOON trademarked 😛

But to get to the issue at hand

The call display, goes hand in hand with the lobby cam.
The current call display, is sent over an analog signal. Since the 8642 has no analog tuner, it can't process them.
To make this work, they have to convert this to digital. Which is doable. But, the old IPG may not be able to take in this digital caller Id, so in switching it over for the new one will possibly make it non functional on the old ones.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have an E940 box it has no analogue tuner, yet my caller ID on-screen feature works, so there goes the analog theory down the toilet.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Im just going off what another person has reported on here.. that it was an analog signal..

Maybe its not a 'tuner' persay thats needed.. but something to process it.  I could be wrong.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it has nothing to do with the tuner, i was just proving dont always believe what people say, especially people who are not credible. its an application that brings the number on the screen