Cisco PVR & TV Call Display

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cisco PVR & TV Call Display

I concur kibosh. In fact everything about cable TV in the U.S. is better than what Rogers has to offer!

I've Been Around

We cannot access call display on the basic cisco box either, Ashley just confirmed that that it's still not available, no eta available. An update will automatically sent.

I've Been Around

Sorry to jump in on this, but how do you do that? I need my lobby channel to work.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi Maxgelkopf21.

1. TV Call Display will (hopefully and eventually) come in a firmware update. These updates are pushed by Rogers and we can't do anything to force an update ourselves. So the answer here is: gotta wait!

2. I too live in an apartment building. After switching to the 8642 (and 4642) HD cable boxes, I too couldn't see the lobby channel. From another forum user (thanks Pauly!), here's the explaination:

Newer cable boxes/set-top boxes (STB) do not contain an analogue tuner and thus will not be able to
tune into the Lobby Watch Station, which is an analog signal.  

What you can do is connect a splitter to your incoming cable, with one end into the STB and the other end
into the back of the TV's RF coaxial input.  

To view the lobby cameras, simply change your TV's video input source from Cable Box to TV Tuner
and change to channel 59 on your TV set (not the cable box).

Hopefully don't the road more and more buildings will switch to a signal the newer STB can understand.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When i had a tech in the other day to fix another issue, i inqured about the IPG update for the 8642.. as it has not come out yet.

According to him, the 8642 should have the caller ID working with this new update.. hopefuly.. and the update should be comming around very soon.. they are just doing some last min troubleshooting on it.. but have to get it out for the whole home PVR

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am growing more frustrated with this as well. When this box came out , I was told that they did not have the phone or the lobby channel , but it would be out shortly. That was over a year ago and when I recently asked them again about it , they said perhaps June. Why put out a box and not have all the features out there?? I would get rid of it , however there are some tapings on there that I cannot get rid of . 

I'm an Enthusiast

Sorry about the late entry into this, but really...is having TV Call Display that important?  I mean, the phone rings, the stupid thing flashes on the screen and you can't even pause Live TV until you answer the phone.  I found it annoying.  Why do you actually need it or even want it?  Get call display on your phone and have it beside you when you are watching TV.  Problem solved.  Geez, three pages of this crap?  Seriously.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Some people like to do things differently Ccrash 🙂

Me for instance, my son tends to grab any phone thats nearby, and leave off the hook, etc.. so they have to be up and out of the way, not easily within reach.

The on screen, would help with screening calls.. that i can descide if its worth my time to get up and get the phone.. if its someone i dont want to.. i can not get up.
Also, you can then imedately send it to the voicemail if you have that service.. a nice advantage if my son is napping, to not have it ring 4 times, if i dont want to pick up the call.

I'm Here A Lot

What is important for me is the lobby channel . How do I know if it is someone I know or someone just trying to get into my apartment building? Between that and not being able to do everything that the other box is capable of like a simple reboot rather then having to pull a cord to do that .

I'm Here A Lot

Also crash if you don't like it , don't read what the complaints are . As you said ,,, geez