Cisco PVR & TV Call Display

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Cisco PVR & TV Call Display

Does anyone know if Rogers is working on getting all of us people with the newest technology the ability to see who is calling us on our home phone from our TV. From what I understand you need a S.A box.. not a Cisco box... which I have. I want to know if there is something in the works that will soon allow me to have a feature I am paying for that works. (I know it's included in the called ID feature.. but still..)

***Edited labels***

I've Been Around

Re: Cisco PVR & TV Call Display

My new Cisco PVR doesnt seem to get TV call display for some reason. Went to 975. Nada.

Anyone have this problem? Or a solution? Or is the new PVR not compatible with call display?

Retired Moderator RogersReggie
Retired Moderator

Hi Milrite,

I'm assuming you have the Cisco Explorer 8642HD box. At this time, that box is not compatible with TV CAll Display or the Quick Start menu. We expect these features to be available within the next few months. When they become available, you will receive the updates automatically.

RR
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well RogersReggie,

You said a few months back in September and still nothing.  Why is that?  How can Rogers sell a product that doesn't support all it's features.  I'm so glad I spend an already ridiculous amount monthly for my Rogers services, to not have all the features work.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I suggest you call Rogers and ask for customer retentions. It is quite possible you will get some discounts on your Rogers services for the inconvenience and the fact that you are not getting all of the services that you are paying for!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers marketing's fault, not RogersReggie.

They are the ones who decided to release this QuickStart **bleep** without researching present as well as future device compatibility.

--
I am NOT a Rogers employee, my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of this website and its affiliates

I Plan to Stick Around

Just a heads up.  There is no extra charge for TV call display.  You pay for TV ...you pay for call display...and you get TV call display...no extra charge.  Check your bill.      

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

that is correct, if you have cable tv and rogers home phone with caller id, its free on your tv as well.

I've Been Around

It is now January and I still don't have caller id on my tv.  When are we going to get this service on the Cisco PVR?  I miss it so much.  I had a Scientific Atlantic PVR before (or something like that) and got the caller id no problem, but I exchanged it because it would only record some of the programs we programmed to record.  Has anyone heard when we will start to receive the caller id on the Cisco PVR's?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No Idea man... I want the NTCID too, but I don't want to see Quick Start EVER EVER EVER