Cisco DTA50 turning off randomly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Cisco DTA50 turning off randomly

While watching TV, the screen will flash briefly, a small audio explosion of fading static, and the screen will go blue with static, fading to black as the DTA50 power light is turning off. A few seconds later, the power light will come back on and cable will resume. This can happen multiple times in rapid succession, or be fine for extended periods of time with no discernible pattern.

Googling for similar issues hasn't provided any suggestions. Does anyone here have any ideas?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cisco DTA50 turning off randomly

Sounds like a faulty box to me... even with a signal issue or something similar.. it wouldnt turn off.. it would just loose picture, etc.

Sounds like a bad box, or a power issue.

Try unpluging, and re plugging.. make sure its plugged in tightly.. try to not run it through a power bar if you can, change outlets, etc (at least to test).

Bar that, contact rogers to arrange a replacement.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

As far as I know, the green light should not turn off on a DA50, its on all the time.  So if yours is turning off, like already said, its more than likely a bad unit.

I've Been Around

I am having EXACTLY the same problems, with the same timing pattern.  I have relocated the power supply, and the problem continued. I will be contacting the company to get a replacement. Thanks for posting.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Just take it back ed I suggest a Rogers store. I had trouble setting up the DTA50 remote and they suggested I take it back and they gave me a new one.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario