Cisco DTA50 not working.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Cisco DTA50 not working.

I am having a problem with one of my DTA50 Cisco adapter. When the TV was turned on I was notified that there was an interruption is service and to call my provider also  the green light was flashing on the adapter. Everything appears to be plugged in properly & I have unplugged & replugged to see if that would correct the problem but not so. However the other 2 adapters are working perfectly.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Cisco DTA50 not working.

Have you tried bypassing the adapter?  Are channels coming through without the adapter?  If channels are working properly without the adapter, it could be that somehow the adapter just needs to be re-authorized to your account.  If the channels to that tv are not working without the adapter, you probably have a signal related issue, which would require a call in to the office and they would probably have to send a tech out.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Still possibly could be a signal issue alltogether?

The analog and digital signals, are on different freqencies on the cable.. the analog could be comming through OK, but the ones the digital are on are having interferance, weak signal, etc..

All in all, I would agree, best to call in and have a tech out, they can check all the TV signals.

(most people specialy who were still just on analog solely.. rarely did it have signal issues in the same way.. so you could be happily there without an issue as far as you know, with a poor signal within the house... but as soon as you put a digital device on it.. they are alot more sensitive.. and it appears)

I've Been Here Awhile

Called Rogers.  Problem fixed.  Thanks.

I've Been Around

When the green light is blinking, it means your adapter has not been authorized by Rogers.  It means you have missed Step 7 which is to call 1 800 530 4034.  When you call this automated number, you will be asked your phone number, once you gave it correctly, Rogers will authorize the small digital adapter box and green light will stop blinking.  After 20 minutes, your Cable will be live and you will start getting programs to watch.