Cisco DTA50 malfunction?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Cisco DTA50 malfunction?

My DTA's for the most part work well...I have 5.
However from time to time I get a 'service interruption' msg on CP24 for example while I am still able to get CNN etc etc.
This occurs with the same two tv's/DTA's all the time.....the other 3 are fine.
Sometimes I have to try numerous reboots and reauthorizing of the DTA , and then things work flawlessly.
Eventually, things go back to square one....and I have to repeat the process. The symptoms usually start with partial scrambling of a channel or several, while the majority are fine. This can occur once every few months or more....no pattern. Rogers techs have me do what I already do....but can't explain why this is occurring. Anyone else experience this?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cisco DTA50 malfunction?

Usually messages like that, are due to weak signal, etc.
While the signal in your house might have been fine for analog..might not be quite in the good range, for the digital boxes (even the simple ones).

I would have them send a tech out, to check signal levels comming into the house, as well as around the house.  They can install a power boster, replace spliters, etc as necessary.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks ..appreciated....I may have to go that route indeed.
Still...it boggles my mind as to why.....today it's CP24, tomorrow it could be CNN that's scrambled.
Aren't they all digital by now?
If I can get all the others would that still be signal issues?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Actually in the long run, digital is MORE suseptible to bad signal, than analog was.

Digital channels, run in a range.. usualy a group of them, per channel frequency range (vs was one per each on analog).  Could be the effected ones, are all in the same frequency range, therefore all effected possibly, depending on the drop/interfearance.