Cisco DTA-50: Weird problem with remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Cisco DTA-50: Weird problem with remote

I got the it in the mail last night. Plugged everything in and got it working. However, I am unable to change channels with the remote, it just stays on channel 2. The only thing is am able to do is control the volume and mute. I tried re-authorizing and re-booting it but it still doesn't work. What do?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cisco DTA-50: Weird problem with remote

2 things to check, try doing a factory reset of your remote control, the code can be found in the REMOTE control user guide which was included, if that does not work, try re-programming the code again for your tv model, if all eles fails, go to a roger video store or roger plus store and exchange the remote for a new one.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Pauly,

I've look through the remote user guide as well as the other pamphlets that came with it and read EVERYTHING but I can seem to find the code to do a factory reset. I have tried re-programming to too. Smiley Sad  I guess I'm off to the store.Cat Indifferent

I've Been Around

I've tried two remote controls... btothhave the same problem.  

1 .The power button will not turn on/off the TV as hard as I tried.  I followed all the instructions according to the guide.

2. I also had problem changing channels initially ie. no response when I tried to channels.  At first I thought it was the batteries.  Then I put in the new ones and also tried a 2nd remote control.  Same problem.  After a while, I discovered that if I turned on the TV (with it's own remote control), the Cisco remote will come to life on it's own about 3 minutes later.  Then I will be able to change channel with it.  It's really bizarre.