Cisco DPC3825

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Cisco DPC3825

Hi, a technician just set up my Express internet, and after, I tried to hook up my PS3 via wifi. Now, they gave me a stick, to connect my laptop Etc. So, how would I exactly connect my PS3 via Wifi due to the fact, there is no WIFI with this modem.

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cisco DPC3825

This DPC3825 is actually a gateway modem - modem and router all in one, so it does have wireless. 

Bottom line - the modems that Rogers now supplies are garbage. If I were you I would inform Rogers. You would also be wise to continue to use your old router (if you have one) or buy your own router and have the new modem put into bridge mode and forget about the router part of the CISCO DPC3825 - the wireless range is extremely poor and dropped connections are very common!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So as in, I inform Rogers I need wireless and can't get it to work? And also, I actually switched from Bell internet to Rogers internet, so I don't have a modem, and also how would I put my DPC3825 into bridge mode? Is it something to do on Rogers end?

**UPDATE**

To bridge the Cisco DPC 3825, click the following link.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Though I would not count on it, a phone call to Rogers tech support might help in getting everything working. I assume it is the router you do not have since the DPC3825 is a modem. Many customer buy their own router and use it with the Rogers gateway modems in bridge mode. You can log in to the modem and change the settings yourself, or you can call Rogers and they can remotely change to bridge mode for you. 

I Plan to Stick Around

If you used the USB key on your laptop to connect to the wireless modem, then you can just open up the "Connect" program on your laptop, it will provide you the wireless name and password which is randomly generated when set up using the USB key. It'll save you the trouble to call in