Cisco DPC3825 and xbox 360 need help

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Cisco DPC3825 and xbox 360 need help

Have the Cisco DPC3825 and for some reason i can't get my two xbox360 to have both a open Nat is there any way to get them both open?

I have 2 xbox 360 online playing at the same time and I notice slow downs? is my package good? I,m using extreme speed. from north york Ontario and also a laptop and ipod

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cisco DPC3825 and xbox 360 need help

Extreeme speed should be fine for running both.

Are the xboxes running wirless or wired?

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

One Xbox 360 is wired and the other is wireless. I just don't get it.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The wired one shouldnt have the isssue.. but the wireless one might.
The wireless on the 3825 is natoriously bad.. and can cause disconnects, etc often, etc.  (which then could effect the wired one).

Many people put these devices into bridged mode, and use their own 3rd party router, and dont have the same problem.

Only other thing to check, would be if there is anything else going on at the time? Is the laptop user running while gaming?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have 2 Xbox 360 consoles with the same problem.  If your problem is like mine, the multiplayer is choppy, and you get something called a "NAT" (Network Address Translation) error.  The cisco router provided by Rogers for express + speeds does not support multiple Xboxes.  The issue is in the cisco home gateway itself.  If you have any roaming data available on your cell, you could try that as a work-around (just for online multiplayer; otherwise you'll chew up your data).  Rogers support agents are unaware of this, and often times will not have any answers.  I had to research this one online.

Hope that helps -

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If its just a direct NAT problem.. this can occur, yes on the NAT built into the cisco router... but can really happen on ANY router.

There are many people who use a 3rd party router, and sometimes run into the exact same thing.

One thing you could try, is putting the cisco into bridged mode, and then use a 3rd party one that you find doesnt have the NAT problem.

Many people to avoid the NAT issues, is put their xbox/ps3, etc, in the DMZ, so its OUTSIDE of the router, per say. 
But in most standard routers.. you can only put ONE device in the DMZ.

Port forwarding.. really isnt useful either... as both xbox's requests OUT appear to be comming from the same location.. no way to know to where to push when they come back.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Both Xboxes will be trying to use the same uPnP ports on the router if it is enabled. I do not have the same router so I cant look at the config but you would need to map Upnp to use different ports for each xbox. Not sure if the Cisco can do that or not. Even having one in the DMZ and one on the LAN would use the same Upnp ports.

I will see If i can find the user guide for that router and give some guidance.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually there is no option to control or Map ports for Upnp. As Gdkitty mentioned turning on DMZ access and putting 1 of your Xbox's IP (should make static IP or dhcp reservation) should prevent it from Nat'ing and using Upnp. The other xbox would be the only one using Upnp(theoretically).

This assumes that the Cisco gateway operates the way it is described in the manual.