Cisco DPC3825, Xbox 360 and PC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Cisco DPC3825, Xbox 360 and PC

I recently upgraded to extreme plus from extreme. As part of the upgrade I was required to get the Cisco DPC3825.

My previous set up was modem and D-Link router. I had media streaming between my Desktop PC to my xBox and PS3. It worked great, I could watch movie and shows I downloaded from my PC via the wireless network.

However, now with the Cisco modem/router (only change made) I'm unable to connect from my PS3 or xBox to my PC over the wireless network. 

The strange thing is that my laptop can access and watch media from my PC and I can access the internet through the gaming systems. If I do a wired connect between the systems and Cisco router it works fine. I can also watch movies from my gaming systems wirelessly from the laptop but not the desktop. 

It seems that the problem is between the modem and the desktop.

I know I could call Rogers and get them to make the Cisco a bridge and use my d-link but I'd like to have less devises if possible. 

Any suggestions? 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cisco DPC3825, Xbox 360 and PC

Call rogers and have them change the cisco to bridge mode. Then plug in your router wan port to the lan port 1 on the cisco gateway. Now it will work like your old setup did.

View solution in original post

All Replies
I Plan to Stick Around

Check your DPC3825's wireless security settings.

The best bet is to have ur DPC3825 set as "WPA or WPA2", so that it's compatible with older devices that use only WPA, as well as newer WPA2 enabled devices.

If ur router is set to WPA2, and your device can only do WPA, that will not be compatible.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The default security setting was WPA or WPA2 and it did not work. I also tried doing only WPA and WPA2 but neither worked. 

I've also tried pluging in my d-link router and disabaling wireless on the Cisco... that allowed me to see my downloaded media on my desktop (from the gaming systems) but it didn't allow me to access the internet, (no xbox live) so I was unable to play the media.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Call rogers and have them change the cisco to bridge mode. Then plug in your router wan port to the lan port 1 on the cisco gateway. Now it will work like your old setup did.

View solution in original post