Cisco DPC3825: Why doesn't Port Forwarding work?!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Cisco DPC3825: Why doesn't Port Forwarding work?!

So, I used to have a Motorola modem from way back, but recently moved and switched to Cisco DPC3825.

Now, I tried to forward some ports on it, since I host an online game for friends 2-3 times a month.

Doesn't work.

Tried various "might work" solutions such as disabling Upnp, NAT, SIL router firewall, etc.

Nothing worked.

Also used 3rd party sites such as http://canyouseeme.org/ and http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to verify if my ports were open.

Nothing.

So I went back to my old setup (before the move), in which I had the cable modem hooked up to my Netgear WNDR3700.

I set the Cisco DPC3825 into bridge mode (so it'll just act as a cable modem and not a router with DHCP),

connect the WNDR3700, go through all the settings, and forward the ports I need.

Nothing works again...

Check to see if the ports are visible through 3rd party sites, nope.

I even put my PC/Server as DMZ and the ports are still not accessible.

Is Rogers actively closing ports?

This problem has been plaguing me for months now (since I couldn't host games).

Anyone have similar issues or ways to solve this?

I've consulted rogers 5 times already, and as you can guess, no one seems to know what they're talking about and refers

me to techxperts (which, btw, you have to pay for).

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cisco DPC3825: Why doesn't Port Forwarding work?!

It may be something else internal going on.. something on your PC is blocking it?

All i can say, is that i know the port forwarding works on the DPC3825.  I currently have it working right now.. i have a few ports set up for some web testing i do (so port 80 forwarded), to a PC with a web server on it, and it connect fine. Just tested it.
Also when i need to grab a file, i turn on an FTP briefly (turn it on via log me in, download the file, turn it off).. and that connection works fine as well.

This is even using the 3825 as the gateway itself (and not in bridged mode).

I've Been Here Awhile

I've added the exclusions to the windows 7 firewall.

I've even tried turning off the firewall and anti-virus (thinking one of them might cause the issue)

No help.

Also gave my server/pc static ip through cable modem/router and the pc itself (port forwarding basics).

Is there any other properties/options in Windows 7 I forgot to consider?

This is driving me crazy.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which internet are you on?

Your not on the mobile broadband, are you?

I've Been Here Awhile

Cable Internet extreme

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Same as me.. not sure why its not working then.. again unless something PC wise is blocking it... though it sounds like you have everything off.

I'm a Regular

I had this problem also I found out it was peerblock program I had, not sure you have that program or not but that was my solution.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Did you find a solution for this?

I'm having the same problems to be honest, it's quite frustrating.

I've tried bridge mode with my old WRT54G Router, yesterday and having the same issues.

I've done everything properly, yet the port's won't work.

When I do range forwarding for 26000-26005, only 26000 works.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you have it in bridged mode... the 3825 shouldnt be doing anything.. it should be all in how the router is set up.. so it should work fine.

If i get a chance, i'll check the firmware version of my 3825, see if there is any difference.

Again, i dont have much set up fancy... just port 80 for my test web server, and ocassionaly 21 forwarded, but both work fine.  Using the built forwarding (not in bridged mode)

I'm a Regular

Gdkitty where do you get the firmware updates from for 3825, can't find it on Cisco site?