Cisco DPC3825 Gateway

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Cisco DPC3825 Gateway

Your assumptions were correct.  I will follow below tonight and let you know if it works.  I agree that I think both were trying to assign address.  Thanks.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hey, 

I just recently switched from the hitron to the cisco today. 

The hitron was just complete bull. It would drop every 30 - 45 minutes for a good 2 minutes. It was so often that it just became completely useless. I even set it to bridged mode, via tech support, as you have said this before in other posts. 

My personal router is really old. Its the dir 615 from dlink. Possibly 6 years old. lol 

What would you suggest I do with the cisco since it's coverage is really low. And the only time I'm getting cap speeds is when I'm hugging the bloody thing. lol

**edited for content**

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I finally was able to do everything today.  so far, everything seems to work.  The one thing I noticed... once I changed the router IP to 192.168.0.x (one is .2 and the other is .3) that I could not get into the router set up.  It stated that if I changed the IP, to enter the new Ip in IE to get to the set up.

I tried to enter 192.168.0.3 for the router and it never allowed me back in.  Since I had set it up the way I needed, I was not too concerned... but weird that I cannot enter the dlink set up screen anymore.

Will let you know if anything changes/crashes over the next few days... thanks for your help!!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Odd.. Should allow you fine... Your able to connect through it though fine (get Internet access?)

Just to confirm, your gateway is 192.168.0.1 , not .1.1 ?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have read some older posts, and noticed a firmware update did happen semi-recently.

Just to confirm, is the USB port on this Gateway more or less still useless / no one knows what it is for?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

USB port is disabled on all Rogers gateways.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

correct... it is .0.1

The only way I could get back in was to use the reset button, do 192.168.0.1

then I configured it the way I wanted and the final step was to change to .0.3.  Once it logged me out, I just let it be since it was working fine and giving me internet access

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I haven't read the entire thread and I'm sure my problem was already discussed. I bought a D-Link DIR-605L router and tried to follow the manual instructions by connecting it to this gateway along with the processor. Unfortunately, there's no wireless connection for my laptop.  I'm new to wireless routers and I'm wondering what the problem is. thank you.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OK.. lets start from the begining 2technics.

You have a DIR-605l you want to use for your wireless.

You will want to log into your rogers gateway.  Do this via a computer which is already attached to the rogers gateway (could be wireless, but wired is prefered)

Go into your web browser, and put in http://192.168.0.1

This should take you to the login page for the gateway... login SHOULD be cusadmin, password: password

Once inside, there should be a section which has the option for 'disable all commercial gateway functions'  Select this, and the gateway will reboot.

(if you can not get this part, you can call into rogers, and they can set this part for you).

From there, you should be able to follow the instructions, in the box of your router, as to how to set it up.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It turns out I didn't even need a wireless router. the gateway modem had a router built in. thanks anyway for the help.