cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco 8642HD Disk Trouble

shimmer
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all - I'm new here, so I apologize if there is already a thread around this. 

I was watching TV the other day with no problems. But yesterday, I come home from work and turn on the PVR to get this message: 

Disk trouble

There are problems with the program storage disk

Recording and playback are not available at this time

I have the NextBox Cisco 8642HD. The guide has also reverted to the old version, before the upgrade.... I have tried rebooting, several times, in fact. 

Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Have I just lost all of my recorded shows? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

S

***Edited labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cisco 8642HD Disk Trouble

Speedy1701
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi.

You should probably bring the PVR back for a replacement ... it sounds like there is a serious hardware problem.

I would think from the guide thing... that it was just a roll back.. but maybe accidently... but with that warning message.. sound alot more like it is failing.  I agree, with the taking it back for replacement (if its rented)

shimmer
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your responses. I had the PVR replaced... lost a week's worth of shows. Disappointing, but weird thing is, when I asked about the guide rollback, they said the update was never on my account, even though I had been using the new guide for over 2 months. 

Huh.. odd..

Maybe with whatever happened.. if something failed, and it auto reverted back.. sent something back to their end which updated their records, at least what is CURRENT on the account.

But that shouldnt effect a log of the past, saying X, Y, Z happened.