Cisco 8642 audio dropping/picture skipping&pixelation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Cisco 8642 audio dropping/picture skipping&pixelation

On one channel (so far that I notice) I have been getting a consistant picture skip/pixelation and resulting audio dropping out for 1-2 seconds about once every minute or two. Itseems like the picture/audio disruptions happen at the same time making me think it is a problem with the signal the box is getting from Rogers. When a record a program from this channel the same issue is present. None of the other boxes/TVs have the issue with this channel. Is this a signal strength issue or a problem with my set-top box? Why would the issue only be happening on the single channel (#41 - HLN).

Thanks

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cisco 8642 audio dropping/picture skipping&pixelation

being one channel.. could just be the channel itself for the time being. Would leave it overnight and see if the same issue

NOT likely the box, but possible. 
Otherwise.. most likely is signal.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks GDkitty. This issue has been ongoing for at least a few weeks which tells me it is not a temporary issue.

I've Been Around

Let me know when you figure out how to fix it.  I think it has something to do with software upgrades.  It happened to me about 4 months ago,  I complained to customer service 2 days later its fine.  Now it just started again after a software download.  Wish they would just leave things alone once they get it working.  Makes you wonder if they are trying to push us to netbox 3.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's always in the realm of possibility Smiley Sad

I no longer have my 8642 to compare.

If you rent to own, the cost is like 2.50 more, reg rental is like .50 more, but overall the nextbox 3 is a night and day experience compared to the 8642 with the new guide though. It's what the 2 should have been.

I've Been Around

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem, I've been tearing my hair out.

It has been extraordinarily bad this weekend.

Freezing/skipping/pixelation every sixty seconds or so on all channels, even recorded programs.

I've rebooted several times, replaced cables. No improvement so far.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread to see if anyone has some ideas.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm..

Now, this is happening with both of you, on BOXES... but i wonder if something else is up..  in a specific region or zone.

There have been some reports lately, of a number of people experiencing the exact same thing, on ANALOG though.. so no boxes. But the same skipping.
Its almost like a whole signal CHOP.. which could effecct either digital or analog.