Chrome Beta vs stock on Galaxy Nexus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Chrome Beta vs stock on Galaxy Nexus

Share opinions please on which one you like Smiley Happy

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Chrome Beta vs stock on Galaxy Nexus

Chrome Beta is better then the stock browser on the Galaxy nexus.

The Galaxy Nexus stock browser would sometimes lag & either force close or hang.

Chrome beta, i never had a issue with it & its clean & all.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I only use stock when I need Flash.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Chrome is faster and cooler I'm using right now for trusted sites.but company's like Norton's web protection only support the native browser so until chrome is supported the stock will be my main browser
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I like Dolphin HD, and as far as Garbage like Norton... Really?
Google viruses & android... You'll be surprised what kind of Snake Oil is being sold to people!
The Android o/s is not like Windows or Mac.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Its not like Windows or Mac OS but it still gets viruses tho. Its been proven many times in which it works.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The biggest threat with Android, comes from apps that allow permissions that the user is unaware of, such as your personal information, contacts, phone Id etc. The biggest alarm ringers are the anti virus software companies.. Wonder why?
Being vigilant and not granting permission to clock apps to access your information is obvious & when you look at apps on the Store, you can get some idea about the app when it states "no special permission required".
There are a number of apps that allow YOU to control what an app can do. For rooted phones, an app like LBE Security is terrific. There are also some for non rooted phones (Google is your friend). ^_^