Charges from Mobivillage for iFortune

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbird
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Charges from Mobivillage for iFortune

We also found a 3rd party charge from an app we supposedly installed on the Android. We found the phone number and called the company and disputed the charge and also said that there is no history of that app in our Android online backoffice. They reversed the charge and also stopped the subscription from happening. Very nice about it.
ShadowFoot
I've Been Here Awhile

I went through chat and demanded to speak to a manager, they finally reversed the charges. I asked for third party blocking as I did not want to go through that again. I was assured that was done. The next month I went through the same thing.. third month the same and so far now it seems like the blocking is finally actually on. I did get all funds back. You really need to fight for it. This is a known scam and there is a class action suit against it that names most providers. When you are aware of that they are quick to give you back your money. I told them it was a known scam and they should be protecting their customers against such scams.. they won't listen.. I hope they lose that suit.

Nathalie9999
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes we have the exact same problem.

Starting November 19, 2012, Ifortune charged $9.99 to our wireless account. We did not notice and they kept charhing again in Dec 2012. We called Rogers in Jan 2013 and Rogers promised that they would do the 3rd party block so that Ifortune can not charge our account again forever..However, on May 16, 2013, Ifortune dared to charge our Wireless account again $9.99 and anoher $9.99 on June 16. We called Rogers today to be advised that there is nothing they can do. They asked us to call the frauder (Ifortune) to get a credit and to cancel the service.

So let me get this again. I am being defrauded by a scammer, and I have to call the frauder to ask them to please don't defraud me again?

Rogers said they can do nothing to protect their customer and they take no responsibility for their customers being defrauded by these scams.

So I have to agree with George that I do suspect that Rogers does have a joint venture deal with Ifortune to share the profits that Ifortune charges their victims. It's easy money for doing nothing. They are really smart selling their customer's lists to Ifortune and share the profit on these scams.

On Monday I am going to report this scam to the Custome protection bureau.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully you get some resolution to this matter.

Unfortunately THIS is not a method to post these sorts of things, the people who monitor these boards, do not have the capability to respond legaly to these sorts of matters.

Hopefuly you do get something via Fax.

The only other thing i could sugest, it to call in and get a managers name and a ticket number for the issue, this allows you to get in contact with the office of the president, and can then forward this to them as well.

As for how they got your number to text you?  Many people beleive its a conspiracy.  Its not.
Its a VERY simple thing, a simple peice of software.. that litteraly sends on SMS messages on mass..  It doesnt NEED to know your number.  It can just cycle through numbers.  905-888-1111, 905-888-1112, 905-888-1113, etc.
Its the same way cold call auto dailers often work.

Kusum
I've Been Around

This company is fraud and looks like Rogers is part of it.... I got a bill for this service - $9.99 and they confirmed that I called them or used their apps on one particluar date and time and it is just not possible for me to do that as I was on job that day / time and I never used my phone that time. Actually it is just not possible for me to use phone at work. This is scam and they are robbing people and Rogers might be getting teir part. I am thinking to switch from Rogers and moving to some more reliable service provider who can take care of their subscribers interest better.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately it's the mobivillage themselves which are the scammers.

You can find posts from bell, tell us and other providers with people saying the SAME thing happening to them.

Best thing you are to do is call in and have them disable the ability for those types of charges being done altogether. (My opinion it should be that way to start, then turn on if you wanted to pay for a valid one, etc. )

pconeill
I Plan to Stick Around

My Telus line for almost 2 years now never had an issue like this ... can't really speak about Bell!
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

not EVERYONE gets these charges.   (regardless of carrier)  It can just happen on any one.

i have had my cell with rogers, for about 7  years now, two lines, both mine and my wifes.
NEITHER has ever got these charges. (or anything similar)

pconeill
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow 7 yr lucky streak! Lol ... both our rogers lines had the mobivillage charges (which were kindly reversed) and her line still gets weekly Zedd solution calls. You must have a secure solid and respected number! Lol
Nathalie9999
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I finally solved the problem. I faxed a letter to Rogers customer services asking them to please block all 3rd party premium message. And I called Ifortune asking them to please forever remove my number from their data listing because if they don't I will file a complaint with Canada Customer Service Protection Office. I actually did file with the Protection Office. The Officer told me that they are currently worked on a case like this, so if you have any problem with Ifortune, they would appreciate if you can file a complain with them so they can nail Ifortune. Since then, I don't have that stupid charge on my account again.