Charged for every minute even though I have voice package?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Charged for every minute even though I have voice package?

Why am I being charged 30 cents/min for every call I make even though I have an unlimited plan?  I have checked my LCA and ensured my calls are within it.

If this is the case, they why do I bother paying for a plan if I'm getting PPU billing?

******* Edit labels ********

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Charged for every minute even though I have voice package?

Because that's related to your account and its billing, you'd have to call Rogers customer service for resolution.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You do realize that you DO NOT get unlimited minutes in the day time.. You only get a specific amount of minutes you are able to use during the day time & you get unlimited after 6 or 9pm until 7am the next morning..

For your case like BillJ said. call the CSR & speak to them & see why are you really getting charged for.
I Plan to Stick Around

Wanna bet I don't have unlimited any time minutes?  I'll put an iPone up for the bet.

If Rogers offered unlimited anytime minutes, EVERYBODY in Canada would be with them and every other cell carrier in Canada would go out of business. You probably have unlimited minutes when calling other Rogers or Fido customers but that would be it. (And I'm not betting, either.)

I hope that clears things up. 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

If you had taken me up on that bet then you would owe me a new phone.

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/moxy_fruvous/unlimited.png

And no, it still doesn't address why I have to pay 30 cents per min.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I will also bet you do not have unlimited minutes.  you might only have unlimited with in a certain time window like the other poster said, after 6 or 7 pm or some crap like that.

lots of complaints are because people have no idea what their plan actually gives them.  find out first your plan what it includes then complain. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Please, I know exactly what I have on my plan.  I don't know what else I need to show you to prove it's unlimited.

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/moxy_fruvous/bill.png

I don't know what to say.  Pauly, Meowmix and I all believe you don't have an unlimited plan yet you show us photos saying otherwise.  Yet the whole reason for you posting here is because you're being charged for minutes used.

I've seen posts by the other two posters mentioned and I'm very impressed with their knowledge.  I also profess to knowing a thing or three about BlackBerry phones and their operation, as well as how Rogers operates.

I really don't think we're going to get anywhere by belaboring the point further.  You really need to call Rogers and sort it out with them.  This is a problem specific to your account and a general "one-size-fits-all" response from us won't help you.

I truly hope you get your issue resolved.  When that occurs, please post back with your results so that others can learn from them.  🙂