Channels 30 to 60? And extra outlets?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Channels 30 to 60? And extra outlets?

So right now, I've got one set top box from Rogers, and its a fairly old one. It's an explorer 3200. This is on my main level.

In my basement, I've got another TV and that tv is directly connected by cable to the splitter and I get all the channels that I get from my set top box upstairs up to around 100.

What I'm wondering though, is how would I also be able to get the channels from 30-60 on both of these TVs? On the TV with the set-top box I also get channel 45 (teletoon) which is odd because I don't get all the others from 30-60. On the TV directly connected to the splitter I don't get anything from 30-60 but for the channels that work, the quality is better without the set-top box as well. Why's that?

Also, am I actually allowed to directly connect my basement tv to the splitter in the first place like I have, or should I phone Rogers and have them add an extra outlet for that?

Would getting a DTA50 be a more viable option for me?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Channels 30 to 60? And extra outlets?

@Gurkamal wrote:

So right now, I've got one set top box from Rogers, and its a fairly old one. It's an explorer 3200. This is on my main level.

In my basement, I've got another TV and that tv is directly connected by cable to the splitter and I get all the channels that I get from my set top box upstairs up to around 100.

What I'm wondering though, is how would I also be able to get the channels from 30-60 on both of these TVs? On the TV with the set-top box I also get channel 45 (teletoon) which is odd because I don't get all the others from 30-60. On the TV directly connected to the splitter I don't get anything from 30-60 but for the channels that work, the quality is better without the set-top box as well. Why's that?

Also, am I actually allowed to directly connect my basement tv to the splitter in the first place like I have, or should I phone Rogers and have them add an extra outlet for that?

Would getting a DTA50 be a more viable option for me?

DTA50 will soon be the MINIMUM option.  Cable directly into the Tv is going the way of the dodo bird.  You'll be getting less and less channels direct from the cable. 

What is your cable package? Seems odd that you're not getting channels 30-60 on a digital box like the 3200.

As for outlets....check your package and how many outlets you're paying for.  If you're not paying for it, then you're not allowed to do it yourself.  Technically, its theft of service.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How/why you get more sometimes on direct connected, is that the only way to STOP channels on analog, is with filters, etc. most houses never had theses, so actually got channels they shouldn't based on their packages.
With a box, they obviously can filter these properly.

How are you connected from your 3200 to the tv? Potentially another connection may give you slightly better (but DEFINATELY not HD without an HD box)

A dta will give you only 1-60 and mixed ones from just over 100.
A full digital box would be needed for the full range.

I Plan to Stick Around

So I can get all the channels from 1-60 on my "digital tv" package if I get the dta50 and install an extra outlet?
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on the "digital tv" package with 1 outlet. I'll remove the second tv meanwhile, I didn't know it was theft of service 😕

If I want to add the extra outlet to use that TV, does a technician have to come, as I already have the cabling done? Or will I just have to go to the store and pickup a dta50 for free?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Technically no, they don't have to come, as log as the signal is ok.
Not sure if the stores have the dta's, but worse case when you call in to get the extra outlet added you can have them ship one.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation