cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel line up in Ottawa

ottawa_guy
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone know if the channel line up in Ottawa has changed?  We have basic and used to get 97-PBS, 27-Sports, and 28 RDI, but now get a blank screen and "No Signal" error.  

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Channel line up in Ottawa

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @ottawa_guy ! Welcome to the forumsSmiley Happy

The channels you listed have been removed from the Analog Line Up in Ottawa as of Feburary 17th and are only avaliable to customers with a Digital Box or Digital Adapter. Incase you weren't aware Rogers is moving away from Analog Channels and going Digital. A Digital Adapter can be provided to you free of charge by visiting the following website and ordering one Smiley Happy

http://www.rogers.com/digitaladapter

Hope this helps Smiley Happy Post below if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @ottawa_guy ! Welcome to the forumsSmiley Happy

The channels you listed have been removed from the Analog Line Up in Ottawa as of Feburary 17th and are only avaliable to customers with a Digital Box or Digital Adapter. Incase you weren't aware Rogers is moving away from Analog Channels and going Digital. A Digital Adapter can be provided to you free of charge by visiting the following website and ordering one Smiley Happy

http://www.rogers.com/digitaladapter

Hope this helps Smiley Happy Post below if you have any other questions.

ottawa_guy
I've Been Here Awhile

So even though we have a Sony Bravia and the manual says "This TV is capable of receiving unscrambled digital programming for both cable (QAM and 8VSB) and external VHF/UHF antenna (ATSC)." we still need the digital box?

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

@ottawa_guy wrote:

So even though we have a Sony Bravia and the manual says "This TV is capable of receiving unscrambled digital programming for both cable (QAM and 8VSB) and external VHF/UHF antenna (ATSC)." we still need the digital box?

Yes, you do.

Rogers doesn't send 'unscrambled' QAM signals.....they're encrypted and can only be decoded by their boxes.

ottawa_guy
I've Been Here Awhile

Ahh, that  'splains it, thanks for the explanation.

AR1708_03
I've Been Here Awhile

Because you need a digital apdater in order to continue your television experience 

I will post the channel lineup for you 

Here the channel lineup. 

Rogers Ottawa Channel Lineup

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation