Channel info bar?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Channel info bar?

The other day I noticed when changing channels the info bar that tells what show you're currently watching with the time and upcoming programs that are next is not displaying. I can bring it up with the OK/Select button but it used to always display when I would change channels then it would disappear. Also the channels seem to be lagging more than usual. Anyone else having this problem at the moment. It's also affecting my upstairs box. Thanks.

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Channel info bar?

I phoned customer service and they solved the problem for me. In the updates the channels banner got turned off so she showed me where to turn it back on. Also the lag is on their end and will resolved over so many hours. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Would need to know WHICH model box you are using.. along with what software (new or old guide), for any of us to compare 🙂

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I phoned customer service and they solved the problem for me. In the updates the channels banner got turned off so she showed me where to turn it back on. Also the lag is on their end and will resolved over so many hours. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Had to figure this one out myself because I'm determined to fix my own simple technical glitches. Well, fake techy issues.
< select the green 'list' button in centre of remote < scroll to ' system' tab at top of screen > scroll up to 'channel change banner' > change to ' show' using arrow buttons.
Voila! hope this helps a few people figure this annoying update.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Channel change banner

I have the banner turned on in Settings. The banner appears, but for less than a second.  Any way to correct this?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Channel change banner

This is under the NEW Navigatr guide??

I think that is the default... not at home so cant check.. but not sure if there is an X seconds choice for it.

(if i remember correct, people were complaing that it was staying up TOO long.. so maybe was shortened?)