Channel changing all by itself

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Channel changing all by itself

My rogers Nextbox changes to channel 100 (ROD) all by itself approx once per hour (sometimes 3 or 4 times per hour).  Any ideas on why it is doing this?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Channel changing all by itself

Hello ritchiem

This happened to me before. Have you tried doing rebooting the box? Unplug the box and leave it for for a few minutes and plug it in. Test it out and see if it stops. If it does not, go to your local Rogers store and exchange the box with other one. See if that fixes it.
I'm Here A Lot

so accidentally start the OD event and pay for it..

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Meowmix,

Thanks for your reply.  You are a credit to the community.  I have rebooted the terminal several times for several reasons.  To no avail.  I was thinking on returning the box, PITA as the nearest rogers store is 45mins away.  Wondering if there is an idle timer that triggers the event to happen?

I'm Here A Lot

Can you elaborate on this gettingout2? Not following you.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Sounds like he thinks its a Rogers ploy to have the clients order movies by accident.
Anyways, my guess is that it might be the remote itself causing the issue. The ROD button might be stuck or you might be pushing it by accident. I have done that a bunch of times. It also happens often if I put the remote down on its buttons. The white ROD button is a bit taller than the rest and it may simply be the weight of the remote pushing down on it that causes it to trigger.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Doh! Forgot to say that the easy way to see if this is the case is to swap remotes or, at the very least, take out a battery and leave the box on. See if it still goes to ROD by itself. If it does, it is a box issue. If it does not, then it is a remote issue.
I'm Here A Lot

Hello mousetamer,

The remote is up and away all the time unless we change the channel. We have kids and the remote is not for them. That being said...the remote could have suffered some sort of trauma. I'll try the battery removal and see if that points to the remote.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ritchiem

Try what mousetamer said. It may work!. Sometimes the remote starts having its own issues as well. If this is not the case, return both the box & remote. They should give you back the same as what you returned & test it out.