Channel Currently Not Available - driving me nuts.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Channel Currently Not Available - driving me nuts.

Hi. for the last week a bunch (at least 20, that we watch on a regular basis) channels seem to have stopped working. The on  screen message says that the channel is "currently not available"

Off the top of my head, these channels are 167, 140, 135, 292, 293, 269. I'm curious to know why I'm paying for (example) 50 channels when I only end up using (example) 20 of them.

What's going on?!

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Channel Currently Not Available - driving me nuts.

USUALY when i have seen this in the past.. (was usualy in apartment buildings too, but could happen anywhere), its a signal issue.  I even had it in my own house, till they installed a booster.

Sometimes if there is a signal issue, if the box can not get enough information, as to weither you should get that channel or not, etc.. you can see that message come up.

now you may not have changed anything.. but something on the street, outside, etc could have.  Best would be to put in a service call, and have someone come out and check the signal sfor you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Channel Currently Not Available - driving me nuts.

i would check your signal strength, usually channel not available happens with poor cable signal