Change wireless number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Change wireless number

Hello.

I am aware that I can change my wireless number online; however, I do have some other questions regarding the process.

1.  When does the change go into effect?

2.  Are calls to my old number automatically forwarded to the new one?

3.  If yes, for how long?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Change wireless number

Hello, warrick85

Welcome to the forums. If you change your phone number on line the phone number gets changed instantly. Anyone who calls your old number will likely get a message "number not assigned" as your new number is in effect. You will need to let your friends and family members know that your number has changed.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Question:

I sent a text message to one of my friends using my old number, i recently just changed my number on line. does my new number show in the old text message??

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

when you sent a txt your old number sent the msg.  you change your number online,  your text message sitting on your friends inbox of his phone will still have your old number. 

what most people generally do, you dont have  to be one of these people, but they send a mass txt msg to all their contacts advising them of a number change,  otherwise you can call your friend, send him an e-mail, or even snail mail to inform him of your number change, its really up to you.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How do I change my number?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@borncanadianeh wrote:
How do I change my number?

Login to your account on MyRogers at www.rogers.com .  Where it shows all the details of your services with Rogers, go to the cellular section.  "Change Wireless Number" is one of the options.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I can not change my number on line. I go through all the steps, then it tells me to go to the closes store to me. What is wrong with this?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea it did that for me as well just now when i tried. I suggest calling Rogers & asking them to change the number over the phone.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

It is not possible to do this yourself!

You have to contact a Rogers representative