Change Wireless Password

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fancythat
I've Been Around

Re: Change Wireless Password

How do I fine my wireless modum password?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Might need a little more info.

If this is one of the ROGERS modem/gateways, you would need to log into the device to be able to find/set it.

From a computer which is WIRED into it (unless you have one which is already wirelessly connected), open a web broswer window, and type in 192.168.0.1.

From the login page, i beleive in most cases, the login name is CUSADMIN, and the default password is 'password'

On one of the setup pages (again not knowing what modem you have), there should be the wireless password.  While it may not show you, you can at least re set it here... (any devices on it before,will have to re connect now).

Worse case, i beleive if you call in, they can go through this over the phone with you.

Tilou
I've Been Around

How could I chage my key password on my Rogers modem/router
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You will need to log into the router interface, from one already wirelessly connected, or one wired Into it.

Go into a web browser, and enter http://192.168.0.1. (If that doesn't work try 192.168.1.1)

That should bring you to a login page.
Default from Rogers for login name is 'cusadmin' and the password is 'password' (unless you changed this)

From this point it Varys based on which gateway you have. But there should be a wireless security screen.
There you should be able to change the password / key

hso
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi

I seen your respond to a previously asked question. What if you did password protect the modem but forgotthe password, how do you reset then?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You would be best to reset it then. This wipes ALL settings made on it, and sets it back to default.
Hold the reset button for 30 seconds then release, it will restart the modem and set to factory defaults.
Then log in with.
Login: cusadmin
Pass: password

1982Lisa
I've Been Around

Hi I need to change my WiFi password. I have a Cisco DPC3825 modum. Also I am totally computer "stupid" so if I can skip having to use one that would great thx

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you dont have the USB setup key.

You will need to log into the web setup for the gateway.

Open up a web browser, and try either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

One of those should take you to the login page for the gateway.

From there, the username will be

cusadmin

Password, unless you changed it, will be password
(and then i reccomend you change it)

Been a while, so the cant remember the specifics.. you may have to look around.. but in there, should be a spot to CHANGE the wireless password.

oshawaguy
I'm Here A Lot

Hi, 

Can someone help me, I am not the most experienced with wifi.  Have a new modem, it has an admin password on the bottom of the unit (red and black), am I able to change this?  (I tink it is for access to the network, it points to 198.0.1 or something).

Secondly, my wifi "hotspot" network connection had a preset password which I need to use to connect, I would like to change the password for this also if  possible.

Thanks for any assistance.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you open your web browser, and type in 192.168.0.1 (if that is what is on the bottom) then that should take you to the login page for the modem.
Default login should be cusadmin and the password is password.

Once in you can change the password for that login.
As well you can change the wireless password as well in there.

(Specifics as to where would need which model you have )