Change Wireless Password

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oshawaguy
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Change Wireless Password

Thanks for that.

Now an odd problem, I logged into Hitron, I changed PW and confirmed new PW.  I log out, try to get back in and the new, freshly created PW wont work  😞   Nor the default.

I didnt even get the opportunity to alter my wifi PW. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Odd.. Has always worked for me.. maybe buggered while saving it.

you can always to a factory default restore on it, hold down the RESET button on it, for a good 20-30 seconds.

LM6972
I Plan to Stick Around

The term is "computer illiterate".

I also need to change my password and haven't been able to figure it out, even with an above average IQ (very slightly above average). So you are not alone, and you are not stupid. Just "differently abled". 😉

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

lol, have a look at post #19 which is the last post at the moment in the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/285...

LM6972
I Plan to Stick Around

This answers my question. Thanks Gdkitty. Now I just have to wait until my husband is out of the way so I can do it without him squawking at me and telling me to call tech support (he is not a do-it-yourselfer) then I can finally get my new phone connected to our network. 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A VOIP phone by chance?  If so, what modem do you have?  Have a look at the product sticker at the back of the modem.

If you have a CGN3ACSMR, you should log in and confirm that the software version shown on the first status page is 4.5.8.16.  You might need to ask tech support to disable the SIP/ALG on the modem.  If tech support indicates that this requires Techxpert (a paid service) to flip a switch, say thanks but no thanks.  Send a pm to @CommunityHelps to get that done.  Beyond that you might also have to set up a static port and port forwarding for the phone. 

LM6972
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Datalink. That is a very detailed explanation. I am going to give it a try tomorrow, if I can manage to get to the computer first (before it is in use). The worst that can happen is I screw it up completely and have to admit I don't know everything and call tech support. 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have a look at post #84 on the following thread to set up a static port and port forwarding.  

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/page/9/thread-...

That was for a Grandstream that uses 192.168.2.1 as its LAN IP address.  Your phone might have a requirement to use a specific IP address and specific ports that require forwarding from the modem.  If you don't find those in the installation instructions check the manufacturers web site.  Its possible that you might be able to use any IP address from the modem's IP address range.  Hopefully you will be able to find a statement indicating any IP, or a specific IP address should be used.

arsievenz50
I've Been Here Awhile

I was asked by rogers to change my wifi password, how will I do it?

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @arsievenz50,

Please click on the link below for instructions and tips for creating and changing your WiFi password. 

Link: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/password/415

Thanks, 

RogersHassam