Change Wireless Number ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkcee
I've Been Here Awhile

Change Wireless Number ?

I'm on my MyRogers account page on the Rogers website and want to change my mobile number - is there any way to request for a potential (hopeful) last four-digits of the new number-to-be to a customer support rep at all ?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Change Wireless Number ?

Hello mkcee

There used to be a way to do it online but Rogers took it off from what i have seen. You can contact the Rogers Live chat team & see if they can do it. If not you can call Rogers & ask the rep to do it for you.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Dont think you can do this via the web..  but are more likely able to request it via calling in to a support rep.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mkcee

There used to be a way to do it online but Rogers took it off from what i have seen. You can contact the Rogers Live chat team & see if they can do it. If not you can call Rogers & ask the rep to do it for you.

View solution in original post

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

they still do it over the phone, give them a call

sandy373
I've Been Around

Hi... I am suddenly not able to use the 'change wireless number' function.  When I click the link, it directs me straight to Online Chat.  Help!

sr
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sandy373

When it redirects you to the Online Chat, just speak to the rep & have them change the number for you. You can also Call Rogers & have them change the number for you. Just letting you know, there MAY be a charge for changing your number ( $25-$35). The rep will let you know & you can ask them to waive that fee if the can. This is something you need to pay if you are doing it online unless you call in & ask them to credit it for you.

R71
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Is there a way that i can view all the wireless numbers that are still available online?

I know you can call and change it over the phone, but it gets really annoying keep on asking for more numbers.

thank you!

ndm
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there,

You would need to call or chat in to have your  number changed.  There is no way to view a list of numbers online.

It is cheaper to have your number changed via chat than over the phone.

I would recommend making a list of numbers you are interested in before you contact.  Then you can provide the list to the agent you are speaking with and they can go through them and see if any are available.

sasaddtoronto
I've Been Around

Hello 

I tried and they do not want to do it , i have to accounts both rogers and both on my name and just want to switch numbers between account and they do not allow .

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would try calling and escalate it.
A basic first level person may not be able to do it and try to blow it off.

Its doable.  Not necessarily easy, but doable.
We have done it with business phone numbers on cellular here at work.

Now, I dont think its as easy as switching A and B around.
What will have to be done, is change A to a temp 'new' line, then B to A's spot.  Then A on the temp to B's spot.

The trick is doing this without making sure that any of its done by CANCELING a line (as porting a number out say to a new carrier often forces a cancel).  As well, likely there will be at least two fees for changing the numbers.
(though yes I understand you own both numbers already, its a fee thats charged for changing numbers period as far as i know)