Change Rocket Stick to Rocket Hub sim

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Change Rocket Stick to Rocket Hub sim

Morning

Got a Rocket stick plug into a router (usb 3G TP-Link router) and got the network to work no problem, but where the router is, signal is below 20% and not steady (drop every 30 min or so, but usually reconnect after a few minutes),  When I move outside, I got 100% reception (metal building)

So I have decided to buy and used rocket hub, Ericsson W35 that I can connect an external antenna that I will put outside.  But when I put my SIM card with data plan into hub, it does not connect to internet, system can't connect and always says down.

Question : Does the Sim card HAS to be activated to the rocket hub or just push it in is enough???

Rocket hub is a Rogers one with rogers firmware, I have used the auto APN / not auto and no luck... unless I have to write a user / password to log on??? (that I don't have)

I only want to have internet from the plan of my stick and no phone (that is to monitor equipement and alarm system).....

thank you

*** Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Change Rocket Stick to Rocket Hub sim

@GaZou:

we have had a W35 Rogers RocketHUb for well over two years.  When we bought it, it came with its sim installed.  I remember it being stated at the time that the sim for the RocketHub was different from those for cell phones.  But someone with more specific information on this will need to answer your question.  I don't know the issues regarding this.

At the time, our W35 came right up, and did not need any other input, passwords, or whatever.  The sim needed to be inserted, of course, but for the rest, no further action was required.  Our W35 does have voice telephone service activated on our account as well, but I know the RocketHub was also available with just the Internet data connection capabilities.

skinorth

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Change Rocket Stick to Rocket Hub sim

OK, thanks

I spent 45 minutes with rogers tech support with no joy.  They say that just swapping the sim should be enough... but system is still down.

still looking into it

thanks