Cell phone charger not charging properly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spire150
I've Been Around

Cell phone charger not charging properly

Hi,

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S3 cellphone for a year and a half now and just last week I've started having problems with the charger. The usb cable does not connect properly to the phone. I always have to hold the cable in place in order for the phone to start charging. I'm not sure if it's the phone or the cable that is creating this problem. I am hoping it's the charger! If I don't hold onto the cable, it can slip out easily.

I can't be doing this each time I need to charge my phone and I'm afraid that one day (soon) it will not connect at all and I won't be able to charge my phone. This is the only cell phone charger I have for this phone.  My warranty has expired.

I'm not an expert in this field, however, I do take care of the item. Any advice would be helpful. I was thinking of going to Best Buy or Future shop to buy a new charger for the phone but I figured I would come here first. 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Cell phone charger not charging properly

Hello spire150

Seeing as the warranty has expired, your only option at this point is to get it fixed & pay for it. Its most likely the Micro USB charging port inside that is causing it to malfunction

Have you tried getting another Micro USB cord to see if that will work?I would suggest going to Bet Buy or Future Shop & asking them to test out a USB Cord they have. See if that one will work. No need to buy one unless they tell you they do not have one to test out.

If the cord is not the issue, its the USB Micro charging port. This can cost but depends on where you go to get it fixed.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Cell phone charger not charging properly

Hello spire150

Seeing as the warranty has expired, your only option at this point is to get it fixed & pay for it. Its most likely the Micro USB charging port inside that is causing it to malfunction

Have you tried getting another Micro USB cord to see if that will work?I would suggest going to Bet Buy or Future Shop & asking them to test out a USB Cord they have. See if that one will work. No need to buy one unless they tell you they do not have one to test out.

If the cord is not the issue, its the USB Micro charging port. This can cost but depends on where you go to get it fixed.

View solution in original post