cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell phone Reception issues

ChanLeslie
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently moved to a new location near Bethesda Sd Road and Bayview (East of Lake Wilcox).  The reception is horrendous.  I can only make emergency calls in my own home.  Will rogers be building more towers in that area to help with the lack of reception?  I can make calls if I travel south to Stouffville Road, or west to Yonge.

***Edited Labels***

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Cell phone Reception issues

RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @ChanLeslie

Welcome to the forums  

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to not get reception in your area. We can definitely troubleshoot to finding a possible resolution for your issue. Is there no reception constant or random? Has the reception worked in the past? Is it the same no reception issues with other Rogers devices in your area (friends or relative with Rogers)? What have you tried so far? What type of phone do you have? Depending on your device you may have the option to set the network type to Edge / GSM only; these settings tend to be more stable.

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

RogersSannecia

The reception in that area is constantly pretty bad.  I'm using a Oneplus One, but the same settings on my phone works on the other side of bayview, or south of Stouffville Road.  My other phones have the same problem.  The further north I travel in (even within the house), the worse the reception.

@ChanLeslie

If you can provide us with a few more details in order to assist you.

What other devices are you referring to? What operating system is running? Have you tried swapping the SIM card?

RogersSannecia

I'm using a Oneplus One

Also Nexus 6 and iPhone5 (as well as what ever my friends uses)

They have varying degrees of receptions, but generally a lot lower than other places.  The minute we travel outside the area, the reception picks up

Hi @ChanLeslie

As requested above, Can you please confirm what operating system is running and are all the carrier settings updated?

Thanks in advance.

RogersSannecia

Anyone else having issues the last couple of days? Tried talking to a Rogers rep, but that is worse than getting a tooth pulled. I have an iPhone 5s if that makes a difference...

Thanks for any help provided

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rick1960

Which location are you in?. Also is your phone up to date as well?.

I was told when I moved to Beeton that Rogers was improving the deadzone that is all of Beeton. 5 years later, I still can't get a signal anywhere in town. I'm paying for something that I can't even use in my own town!! Is there a fix in sight or do I switch to telus?

Good evening @slippery_pickle,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

We're sorry about the connection issues you have been experiencing, with the coverage in Beeton.

As per our Network Coverage map, you should have great signal and benefit from LTE speeds for data transmissions.

If you do not have signal at home, have you thought of using alternatives such as Rogers One Number or Wi-Fi Calling?

If there are absolutely no Rogers coverage in your area, but other service providers do, you should be able to connect to the Extented Coverage.

Have you looked into a possible technical issue with your actual device?

Have you used different cellphones during those 5 years?

Any other users in the Community noticed the same thing in that area?

RogersMaude

It isn't my phone. No one I know who uses Rogers can get cell service outside of using wifi in town. I use wifi in my home but as soon as I'm in the park, down the street, at foodland etc, it says no service. I know it says there is coverage but everyone in Beeton and Tottenham know they are dead zones. i want to know if there's actually any solutions in the works. I'm guessing there's not since you think I should have great service.

Rolandmm
I've Been Around

I work at a Providence Healthcare/Fraser Health Authority office located off of 198a street and 86th avenue in Langley.

While in the building I tend to get between 1 and 4 bars of 3G but have absolutely no success opening up websites, using apps or pretty much anything using 3G.  It got so bad that I had to turn LTE off entirely because it was draining my battery being so sucky that it would flip back and forth hundreds of times a day.

The website coverage map shows this area should have "GOOD LTE service indoors and outdoors"

When I walk out the door and down to 198a connectivity goes to Edge, or to No Service.  its 2016 and this is a populated area, how can you get No Service?  Seriously.

Now some things that every single ticket I've opened with this issue inevitably bring up:

1) This is not an isolated issue.  This occurs for 3 generates of my personal iPhone as well as my Rogers issued Blackberry

2) This issue affects everyone at this building.

3) My hardware is fine

4) My hardware is fine

5) For the love of god stop blaming this on my phone.  

When I leave the building and drive 10 blocks down 200th towards Willowbrook mall I end up at 3-4 bars LTE with beautiful racing speeds and stable connections.

Good evening @Rolandmm

Thanks for your post & welcome to the Community Forums.

I can understand how frustrating it can be having connection issues, especially in this fast paced world we live in now.

As per our Network Coverage map, yes, you are correct, you should have great signal and benefit from LTE speeds within your region.

I understand you have opened several tickets in regard to this manner.  Next time you're online, please reach out to us, via PM @CommunityHelps, we'd like very much to look into this issue for you.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Any other users in the Community having similar problems as well?

RogersCilio

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor
Not since I switched to Telus! 😛 😉

Sorry, I just had to 🙂

It's the same experience with my wife's Rogers phone in certain parts around here (Vaughan, ON). Rogers had years of a head-start to get their networks right, yet they allowed their largest competitors to over-take them in network coverage, speed, and quality. Glad I made the choice to switch carriers when I did...I don't regret it one bit.

Westboroman
I've Been Here Awhile

I hv no signal in my apartment on mcrae ave. it is so frustrated that I missed so many calls. Seriously I might change service provider.

Hi @Westboroman,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you start experiencing reception issues just today or it's been on going for sometime? Is there anyone else in the Community living in the vicinity experiencing loss of reception?

RogersZia

Westboroman
I've Been Here Awhile

Since I moved in the apartment on mcrae ave by the end of july, delivery guys could not reach me n I need to rearrange several deliveries... Speechless...

Hello again @Westboroman,

Do not forget to submit your feedback via NetworkAid!

NetworkAid is a self-serve tool that you can access via your MyRogers app or Rogers.com, to check for wireless outages and to report issues with wireless connectivity.

Access either DeviceAid or new NetworkAid from the Help & Support section of your MyRogers app.

RogersMaude

Headfake
I Plan to Stick Around

Poor signal but good with wind, why?

Usning a note 4 from Rogers store. Can anyone explain why my signal with rogers is poor at 108-129dBm and with WIND it's much better in the 80's dBm. Called tech support and they were of no use at all.

Just doesn' t make sense that WIND would be better. It's worse in my home and more consistent than wind outside the home but still poor.

Thanks

why does this surprise you? I'm sure in another location Rogers will have excellent reception and WIND will have terrible reception. This is just the way Cell Phone technology works, some locations will have better reception than other areas depending on how close you are to the tower. This is true for every cell phone carrier.

Re: your dbm readings, from the info you posted, your Rogers signal is LTE and Wind is 3G. There are different sets of dbm readings for either technology. A 

better way to compare apples to apples in this case would be to switch your Rogers signal to 3G and compare to Wind. I dont know why tech support didnt mention this. 

Topic Stats